View Full Version : Lyrics on album listings?
Oct 1, 2008, 06:55 AM
So i been thinking these days that we should maybe make it possible to add lyrics to album listings on here.
My idea of this is maybe have make a lyrics tab next to the English\Japanese\Romanji and make it linkable to the tracknumber it belongs to
here's a 20 second mock up of my idea
I'm not sure if we would have to code in a whole new window to be underneath the tracklist and notes of it can actually be added to the current tracklist window, but at any rate, i do believe having lyrics available here makes sense
Oct 1, 2008, 08:54 AM
Wouldn't a "lyrics" section to the database be interesting? Then, the tracks with lyrics could be linked from the tracklists, or such. I don't know if this is possible, though.
Oct 1, 2008, 08:59 AM
Once the new track association stuff is set up, this kind of feature would fit in nicely. As for interface, you could probably just click on the track and bring up the lyrics (along with other metadata.)
Oct 2, 2008, 07:10 AM
Some UI choices:
1) Akumu's tab idea
2) You can make the track a link to the appropriate lyrics via a ID. This changes the page.
3) You can make the track a link that opens a pop-up window.
4) You can make the track a link that opens a Ajax-style inline window.
5) You can make the track a link that displays the lyrics underneath the track name, but this pushes the rest of the tracks down. Click the track name again to collapse the lyrics.
6) You can make the track a link that generates a Lyrics box that sits underneath the Notes box. This requires Ajax.
I personally prefer #1 and #2, because I don't think it's good to Ajax/Web 2.0 everything, but Gigablah runs the show around here, so he probably has better ideas.
Oct 2, 2008, 07:25 AM
At its most basic, the track would be a link to a /track/#### address, which would be a separate page with either sections or tabs for track relationships, artist info, ratings, and other metadata (like lyrics -- which might either be full text entries or links to external sources).
Oct 2, 2008, 03:12 PM
(like lyrics -- which might either be full text entries or links to external sources)
Just throwing in there that you'll get more hits doing the actual lyrics. People mess them up enough that I feel we should be the authority on that too.
vBulletin® v3.8.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.