PDA

View Full Version : Games Without Soundtracks

KeyLogic
May 9, 2009, 09:52 PM
Sup all. :p

I was just thinking of discussing some awesome Video Game Music that has not yet received an official soundtrack release.

First up is some music that I've been obsessed with for quite awhile and I feel that it definitely deserves a soundtrack release: Mega Man Network Transmission. The music for this game was composed/remixed by Shinji Hosoe (http://vgmdb.net/artist/247), Ayako Saso (http://vgmdb.net/artist/298) and Yosuke Yasui and most of the songs are techno style with some rock infusions, there are some industrial styles too.

I hope that the following link is alright to post here, but for those of you that have never heard the music to this game, here's where you can listen to the entire game rip: The Mega Man Network (http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mega_Man_Network_Transmission_%28m usic_rip%29). My favorite songs from this game are: VS. Zero, Abnormal Gravity Area - GravityMan Stage, Garden System - NeedleMan Stage, Power Plant - ElecMan Stage, Zero Account - Zero Stage, Internet Area - Basic Stage, Relaxation, VS. Life Virus R, Blazing Internet - FireMan Stage, and Old Generation Area - SwordMan Stage.

I wonder why other Rockman/Mega Man games received a soundtrack release but not this one with all of its great music. :confused: Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the game itself wasn't all too popular, although, I have read several game reviews that almost always highlight the music to this game as being "catchy" and 'the best part of the game'. For me personally, I can't think of a single Rockman title that sounds as catchy as Network Transmission other then, possibly, Rockman 8 Metal Heroes Original Soundtrack (http://vgmdb.net/album/4843).

Several months ago, I posted in the "Other Soundtracks That You Want Published" thread on the Cocoebiz Forum (here (http://www.cocoebiz.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4746&postcount=139)) requesting that this music be published, but that was a long time ago and I don't think that many persons were interested in that time.

So anyway, that was my input on this music, feel free to continue the discussion or discuss about other Video Game Music that you think is worthy of a soundtrack. Cyaz. :cool:

- KeyLogic

Gigablah
May 9, 2009, 10:37 PM
I've always had a peculiar fondness for the music from Drakan: Order of the Flame. It's usually attributed to Tim Ebling, but according to this page (http://www.psionyx.us/Biography.html) he only wrote two tracks while the rest were presumably contributed by contractor studios.

This is the particular track that I loved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKzAvy4o-8

Raziel
May 9, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'd kill for an official Resident Evil Survivor release. Also, who the hell is Shiro Kohmoto? Has he done anything else?

Conker 64
May 10, 2009, 06:15 PM
if there is a series that deserves big, beautiful box-set release, it's Monkey Island.

lgb
May 11, 2009, 04:44 AM
Armed Police Batrider.
Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Zero Mission, together.

Myrkul
May 11, 2009, 05:52 AM
if there is a series that deserves big, beautiful box-set release, it's Monkey Island.

Agree, i would love a Lucas Arts adventure game music box, with monkey island, indiana jones, maniac mension, day of the tentacle, full throtle, sam & max, zak...

Some recent adventure games music would deserve more attention too.
I am thinking about Benoit Sokal games.. etc..

Ramza
May 11, 2009, 05:56 AM
Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Zero Mission, together.

And almost every Nintendo game in the last 5 years. Metroid Prime 2, Prime 3, Zero Mission. Zelda: Twilight Princess. The last few Fire Emblem games (5-track "premium" albums don't cut it). Mario Kart Wii.

Simply put, Nintendo's new "no soundtracks" policy is stupid.

Some albums that I wish existed:

Elnard (7th Saga) OST
Forever Kingdom (Evergrace II) OST
Illusion of Gaia OST
Konchuu Wars (Drone Tactics) OST -- Nintendo DS game, Sakuraba composed
Langrisser IV OST
Xenosaga Ep. II In-Game Music (Shinji Hosoe)

Teioh
May 11, 2009, 07:12 AM
I am still waiting for Liarsoft to release a soundtrack for their 13th project, SEVEN-BRIDGE. All that exists is a fanclub exclusive drama CD (http://vgmdb.net/album/9931) but this does not nearly do justice to the excellent music in the game.

The game contains more than 80 BGM tracks which is an insane amount of music for a visual novel, yet all of them are named BGM No_01 ~ BGM No_85.

Also it is still unknown who composed the music. The official website credits "Elements Garden and more". The ending video specifically credits Elements Garden (http://vgmdb.net/artist/129) for the OP theme and Blueberry&Yogurt (http://vgmdb.net/artist/290) for the ED theme. Another website credits ZIZZ (http://vgmdb.net/artist/1536) for the BGM but there is no confirmation whatsoever.

The game contains music from all over the world and all eras: swing (In The Mood, Sing Sing Sing), tango, Irish folk, anthems (Marseillaise, Land of Hope and Glory) and traditional music, such as a beautiful piano version of "My Grandfather's Clock". And probably a lot I didn't identify so far.

Besides that there is a fair amount of original music that is just as good, quite a few sad piano themes, some ambient music, occasionally music that I could just describe as "railroad travel adventure music", and even some downright weird tracks towards the end.

edit: Actually, forget about that! It's for the most part production library music from GMP Music. Now I'm wondering if it even has any exclusive BGM aside from the OP/ED. So after all most of the music is by people like James Hardman, it seems...
Guess now I'm a fan of James Hardman..

The ED theme however, Inliyor (by Blueberry&Yogurt, performed by Rita) is a classic that seems to be the closing track in a lot of vocal albums and has even been performed unplugged.

The trailer music can be found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecg7VXDiweQ), Inliyor can be heard here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XABylqup-go). Unfortunately the "SEVEN-BRIDGE Opening Theme" has been deleted from Youtube :(

KeyLogic
May 11, 2009, 07:27 AM
And almost every Nintendo game in the last 5 years. Metroid Prime 2, Prime 3, Zero Mission. Zelda: Twilight Princess. The last few Fire Emblem games (5-track "premium" albums don't cut it). Mario Kart Wii.

And let's not forget a complete soundtrack to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :)

Some other games that I would love soundtracks for are:

Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future
Shenmue II
Rocket Knight Adventure (or an arrange album)
Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Genesis version)
Sonic & Knuckles (the original soundtrack, not the remix)
Star Fox Adventures

Blitz Lunar
May 11, 2009, 08:54 AM
Super Mario Kart, Sim City, Pilotwings. They've been represented to some extent on various releases, but none of them had a dedicated OST release :(

Also, Jewel Master.

Kewing
May 11, 2009, 10:27 AM
Was thinking about creating a thread like this 2 weeks ago, nice timing.
Anyway, there's some alreay mentioned, like Zelda TP and SSMB, but those are a given, of course. For me, one I can think at the moment is Zedblade. I'd kill for a Manabu Namiki Early Collection, it is that fun.
Oh, and every MD Sonic game, of course.

depa
May 11, 2009, 10:33 AM
Also the Capcom's "Dungeons & Dragons:Tower of Doom" doesn't have a dedicated OST.

Lackadaisical
May 11, 2009, 12:48 PM
The 16-bit Sonic era has deserved a box set of some kind for quite a while now.

Ditto the Fire Emblem stuff, too.

Kaleb.G
May 11, 2009, 02:50 PM
God, I have too many too list. Many of my all time favorite soundtracks have no album releases. Here are just a few:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - I'd go to great lengths for a Full Sound Version of this.
Dragon Valor - Neat PS1 soundtrack done by some little known composers.
Ikaruga - Would be cool to have some arrangements on the album from SuperSweep/Basiscape.
Jet Moto 1 & 2 - These have Red Book Audio, but a CD containing both soundtracks could easily be done.
The Ninja Warriors Again - My favorite Hiroyuki Iwatsuki album!
Opoona - Best Basiscape album since FFXII. Better than Odin Sphere or any of that junk.
Plok! - The soundtrack that introduced me to the greatness of Tim Follin.
Ratchet & Clank series - Specifically Deadlocked, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal.

Razakin
May 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
Along what have been already mentioned, Golden Suns do need a soundtrack release.

Julian Fisch
May 11, 2009, 05:22 PM
Marvel vs. Capcom 2's soundtrack was never released as far as I know. The player select screen's theme is one of the catchiest tunes I've ever heard and I wouldn't mind buying the album just because of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_qfTVjyJo

And I also wanted soundtrack releases for Langrisser IV and Ikaruga...

strugglepoo
May 16, 2009, 09:20 AM
Opoona immediately comes to mind. One of Basiscape's finest soundtracks, and unfortunately, one the very few without an official release.

Mika
May 17, 2009, 05:56 AM
I would sell my kidney for a Beyond Good & Evil cd release.

KeyLogic
May 17, 2009, 01:25 PM
I would sell my kidney for a Beyond Good & Evil cd release.

I never got to hear this soundtrack but I heard that it was good. But come on, a kidney?! You could probably get it for a spleen or something. :p

Freelance Wolf
May 24, 2009, 06:19 PM
I don't think Digimon World 3 for the PSX ever had an official soundtrack release. It has some surprisingly good music for a game nobody has played. That's probably why nobody ever made a rip of it.

Ragnatic
May 26, 2009, 06:34 AM
I would like a Golden Sun OST Box and a Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars OST. The ZOE rips have an annoying noise.

PsychoZeke
May 26, 2009, 07:42 AM
I'm all up for an official Golden Sun release, and would love it if they include some arranged pieces, as well.

LuxKiller65
May 26, 2009, 10:57 AM
Castlevania Legends and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, both in one album please.

Another Soundscape
May 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
I still think the music to Tomba! and Tomba! 2 was beyond awesome, they deserve better than crappy gamerips :/

Otherwise more XBLA games should release at least free soundtracks. I thought PowerUp Forever and Hexic HD had strangely addictive atmospheric soundtracks...

Ramza
May 26, 2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think Digimon World 3 for the PSX ever had an official soundtrack release. It has some surprisingly good music for a game nobody has played. That's probably why nobody ever made a rip of it.

I think the FIRST Digimon World had an OST release, and none after that did.

PsychoZeke
May 26, 2009, 03:05 PM
Castlevania Legends and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, both in one album please.

Agreed.

I still think the music to Tomba! and Tomba! 2 was beyond awesome, they deserve better than crappy gamerips :/

Otherwise more XBLA games should release at least free soundtracks.[...]

Agreed²

I think the FIRST Digimon World had an OST release, and none after that did.

And that is correct; it was this one (http://vgmdb.net/album/4191).

Another Soundscape
May 26, 2009, 04:02 PM
Oh yeah, I agree re: Opoona. I'm getting that game based on the music played in the youtube vids of it!

Some other stuff I wouldn't mind being released include:
a COMPLETE Worms Armaggedon OST
Flipnic (PS2, I even hunted down the composer but he didn't have the rights to the music D: )
Age of Booty (XBLA)
Mutant Storm Reloaded & Mutant Storm Empires (XBLA)

NukaCola
Jun 22, 2009, 08:19 PM
A COMPLETE Donkey Country Trilogy soundtrack would be great, as well a COMPLETE Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie Soundtrack.

- Batman NES (Nobuyuki Hara, Naoki Kodaka)
- Complete Bionic Commando NES Soundtrack (Junko Tamiya (Gondamin))
- Castlevania III Famicom Version Soundtrack
- Dracula X SNES Soundtrack
- Complete Contra & Super C Album
- Contra Hard Corps
- Crystalis (Yoko Osaka)
- Double Dragon NES Trilogy Soundtrack
- Rygar NES Soundtrack
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time Arcade & SNES Soundtrack
- Sunset Riders Arcade & SNES Soundtrack
- Final Fantasy Origins Soundtrack
- Lufia 1 & 2 Soundtrack

layzee
Jun 23, 2009, 12:25 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think these already have soundtrack releases:

- Castlevania III Famicom Version Soundtrack
- Final Fantasy Origins Soundtrack
- Lufia 1 & 2 Soundtrack

The original title of the first game is Akumajou Densetsu which can be found on the Akumajo Dracula Famicom Best (http://vgmdb.net/album/121) compilation album. The English version of the game that has downgraded music capabilities however, does not have an official release.

The second game, if you're talking about the PlayStation versions are simply known as Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II. The PlayStation FFI+II music (and probably PSP which should sound the same) can be found in the Final Fantasy I & II Original Soundtrack (http://vgmdb.net/album/19). I'm pretty sure most other version FFI+II music (e.g. Bandai WonderSwan, Gameboy Advance, etc) have not been officially released.

The third game is known as Estpolis Denki and both of the games' music can be found on the Estpolis - Game Sound Legend Consumer Series Biography Estpolis Sound Track (http://vgmdb.net/album/3061).

mrnutz
Jun 23, 2009, 08:23 PM
Kudos to Kaleb.G for mentioning The Ninja Warriors Again: An awesome sleeper SNES title with a great soundtrack. Also, to NukaCola for bringing up Dracula X SNES. This game takes way too much flak, so its good to see some love.

Man, if I could have any album released... what would it be? Probably a Hitoshi Sakimoto Mega Drive collection with Midnight Resistance, Verytex and Gauntlet IV.

Kaleb.G
Jun 25, 2009, 07:36 PM
I really like the Dracula X soundtrack, but while I love the SNES sound, I just prefer the PC Engine versions: http://vgmdb.net/album/2938

The only track I can recall from the SNES that isn't on the PC Engine is the credits theme.

Kewing
Jun 25, 2009, 11:35 PM
Well the intro and ending (not just the credits roll) theme was also different, it had a lot more Dracula Apocalypse feel to it (no wonder one of the composers was the same, but I can't recall his name). I'm also up for a Dracula X SNES release, as some of the songs just sounded better to me on the SNES hardware. I still find the SNES "Illusionary Dance" to be the most powerful sounding version of it up to now.

- Batman NES (Nobuyuki Hara, Naoki Kodaka)

Now, that's something. I've become a huge fan of Kodaka-kun's work, especially on the Batman games, so I'd be totally over it. His work on the MD Batman was even better. Never a movie game could have such awesome non-movie music.

Ditto for Hiroyuki Iwatsuki. Wild Guns or Ninja Warriors Again just scream to be released :p

MrMAGFest
Jul 16, 2009, 11:14 PM
So....no one has mentioned Neo Contra yet?

mrman1mrman1
Aug 26, 2009, 07:29 AM
God, I have too many too list. Many of my all time favorite soundtracks have no album releases. Here are just a few:

All Follin OSTs deserve an official release, if not some iTunes dedication. Of course, you knew I was a Follin fanatic, didn't ya?

Dragon Valor - Neat PS1 soundtrack done by some little known composers.
Ikaruga - Would be cool to have some arrangements on the album from SuperSweep/Basiscape.

I remember you introducing me to DV's soundtracks. I even bought a used PS1 CD, just to hear it!

I believe Ikaruga received a Japan-only OST release. Confirm?

Cedille
Aug 26, 2009, 08:33 AM
I heard Iuchi himself said it wasn't worth listening to outside of the game.

Kaleb.G
Aug 27, 2009, 11:00 AM
I believe Ikaruga received a Japan-only OST release. Confirm?
I've never heard of that. I'd think it'd be cataloged here if that were the case.

I heard Iuchi himself said it wasn't worth listening to outside of the game.
It seems fitting he would say that. He probably underestimates his skill as a musician, which is why he hasn't worked on any other soundtracks (to my knowledge). Given, the instrument quality leaves something to be desired, even though it is distinctive. But I feel he's quite apt at composing melodies, and I'd like to hear more from him.

md01
Sep 9, 2009, 02:45 AM
I'm still waiting for a Twilight Princess album :(

Blitz Lunar
Sep 9, 2009, 08:33 AM
yea, i'm really confused as to why there isn't one. still no official mention on that?

Kaleb.G
Sep 9, 2009, 09:27 AM
I'm rather disappointed with Nintendo's soundtrack releases over the last several years, given the magnitude of the company. They were more apt at releasing albums back in the SNES days. They put out some good albums sometimes, but their distribution is largely limited to promos.

Megavolt
Oct 15, 2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think any of the Timesplitters games ever got any soundtrack releases, which is a shame. Love the music from that series.

Did Super Aleste ever get a soundtrack release? Love that one but I don't think it was ever released. It should be released in a boxset with other soundtracks from the Aleste series.

Seems like a couple of western RPG scores should've been released that either weren't released at all or were released as limited and near impossible to find promos. Soundtracks like those of KOTOR I/II (the first had a promo release, I believe), Planescape: Torment (another promo release), and the original Fallout games (seems like the first Fallout had an official soundtrack release, but it's hard as heck to find).

Lastly, some Rare scores should've seen a release, like Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini. It's a little surprising that even Goldeneye 007 never got a soundtrack release, as popular a game as it was.

They should throw in Equinox and Spiderman vs X-Men to make it a 16-bit three-pack.

KeyLogic
Nov 28, 2009, 11:45 PM
It would be awesome if Phantom Brave Wii got a complete soundtrack.

Sirusjr
Nov 29, 2009, 01:09 PM
I'm still waiting for Opoona to be released. Hopefully on the new Basiscape label. Having heard the RE Darkside Chronicles gamerip I think that game needs a soundtrack release as well. Same with the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by James Hannigan.

lgb
Dec 15, 2009, 07:01 AM
Can't you freely download music from Timesplitters games? The website that currently hosts the soundtracks claims that there was no OST release, so they are allowed to put up the music free-of-charge (highly doubtful but if that is true, wow), but before FRD became Crytek UK their website had music from their games for free download.

Secret Squirrel
Dec 15, 2009, 07:15 AM
We actually have VGMdb entries for those Time Splitters releases.

http://vgmdb.net/search?q=time+split

I don't know if the website you mention has permission to host them or not.

Brad Evans
Jan 21, 2010, 08:36 PM
As was mentioned, Goldeneye is a big one. A few others I can think of off the top of head would be Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (the original audio, not an arrange disc) and I'd love an album for TNT: Evilution from Final Doom on the PC as well as the SNES sound for the original game.

Rockman Dash 2 would have been on the list, but we've gotten something for that game recently and since it has the best two tracks from the game on it, I'll put that one to rest. Keeping with Rockman the first Rockman World on the GB was pretty solid as well.

bucky
Jan 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
God, I have too many too list.
Seconded. Most of my soundtrack listening is done through emulated formats (sid, nsf, gbs, etc), so ones with official OSTs are in the minority. :) Heck, even some very popular titles with OSTs don't get a comprehensive treatment. Doesn't Castlevania 2 only have a hodge-podge of US and FDS (Dracula II) tracks? Rather than there being complete versions of each out there?

AcidBeast
Jan 28, 2010, 02:04 PM
Day of Disaster. Also, a _proper_ Need for Speed 2 soundtrack. Not this...thing..in the database...
Furthermore, "Die Gilde" (OST of "Die Gilde 2" is a joke compared to the first part), Sid Meier's Civilization II - oh, and Swing (http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/699/). Anno 1602 would be nice, too.
And it's not a game, but I'd kill for a CD release of PRESS START 2008 Symphony of Games.

Zanasea
Feb 1, 2010, 01:52 AM
There is finally hope for Opoona. Basiscape asked on Twitter (http://twitter.com/basiscape_keiko/status/8416182306) what game soundtrack people would be interested in, and quite a number of answers point to Opoona (including mine, which I think is pretty clear (http://twitter.com/ffworldcom/status/8417229921)). Fingers crossed!

Brad Evans
Feb 2, 2010, 06:18 PM
Doesn't Castlevania 2 only have a hodge-podge of US and FDS (Dracula II) tracks? Rather than there being complete versions of each out there?

If I recall correctly, I think the entire soundtrack is presented in FDS. Beyond that, there are 3 picks from the US version.

Personally, I find Castlevania III's medley treatment more annoying.

Raiden_Mewtwo
Mar 5, 2010, 05:13 AM
Pokemon Stadium 1 (2 in Japan) OST.

I don't mean that mix of Snap and Stadium short soundtrack. I want a full release of Mewtwo's Battle Theme, and the other battle themes.

Digimon World 2: Decent songs and as far as I know it was never released.

Most others have either been mentioned previously or I've forgotted.

[SSBM also]

Dave_SEMO
Mar 27, 2010, 08:09 PM
Burnout's in need of some soundtrack releases. There have been none, right?

KeyLogic
Apr 25, 2010, 06:53 AM
There is finally hope for Opoona. Basiscape asked on Twitter (http://twitter.com/basiscape_keiko/status/8416182306) what game soundtrack people would be interested in, and quite a number of answers point to Opoona (including mine, which I think is pretty clear (http://twitter.com/ffworldcom/status/8417229921)). Fingers crossed!

Hmm, it appears there's some good news on this, but you probably already know. :p

Basiscape Makes Dreams Come True: Opoona Soundtrack Coming in 2010 (http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=9131)

Nisto
Apr 28, 2010, 12:39 AM
An official soundtrack release for Mafia (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/mafia) would be awesome.

The main theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VURwmP6bbqs) is great!

Now, of course, I don't really know if this (http://vgmdb.net/album/16027) really has got all the tracks composed by Vladimir Simunek, though...

KeyLogic
Apr 29, 2010, 04:23 PM
There is quite a bit of music composed by soundTeMP for various online games that unfortunately do not have official soundtracks yet, such as: AceSaga, NeoSteam and Seal Online. Although only partially related to soundTeMP, La Tale might be getting a soundtrack release, however. :)

ilef
May 22, 2010, 11:17 AM
I'd kill for a Terminator: Salvation Game Score release.... The BGM has the Fiedel's theme written all over it.

Vert1
Jun 18, 2010, 12:00 PM
AstroBoy: Omega Factor. It's got a great electro sound going for it. Someone at Sega should really put out an arranged album for it.

edit: Guilty Gear: Judgment also deserves a release just for that Stage 1 BGM track.

edit2: PN03 soundtrack for the boss music.

jdkluv
Aug 29, 2010, 04:38 PM
Brandish 4. That is all.

Jedi QuestMaster
Aug 29, 2010, 09:32 PM
Violinist of Hameln :D

Nisto
Aug 30, 2010, 12:51 AM
Mission: Impossible for the N64. Such an underrated soundtrack.

Jedi QuestMaster
Aug 30, 2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I really liked the music in that game.

But as for the game itself... :/

Arrogance
Sep 10, 2010, 08:56 PM
Rage Racer, a Ridge Racer series entry on the PlayStation 1, did not have an official soundtrack release. What it did have on the game disc were seventeen redbook (CD-player-playable) tracks comprising the bulk of the game's music. There were three songs only available through gameplay (one PCM and two featured in streaming movies), but the real meat was there for the listening--right on the game disc. Other titles with the music on the game disc still received separate soundtrack releases though, often with extended plays, arrangements, or even remixes of the songs from the game. It would have been nice to see Rage get similar treatment, but back in 1997 I didn't care. It was just great to have the music for a game I loved right there--no sound test necessary! Tetsukazu Nakanishi, where are you?

jdkluv
Sep 20, 2010, 06:44 AM
No one seems to have mentioned Brave Story: New Traveler so far. Not even a gamerip seems to be widely available, which is weird since it has some pretty nice music.

Shadowserg
Sep 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
Vampire Hunter D (PSX) has the amazing OST, you can download it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnMbFq-5AhM

Mario Kinnikuman
Nov 14, 2010, 04:35 PM
Just a couple I thought of, offhand:

Mario Golf 64 - Motoi Sakuraba's music really appealed to me. There's been a Mario Tennis Soundtrack release for the N64, but why no Mario Golf?

Goldeneye 007 - Dam, Surface, Silo, Depot and many other memorable themes.

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack - Seen a few tracks released from this game, but nothing comprehensive.

Red Orchestra - There's a digital .mp3 release out there, but a physical soundtrack would take the cake.

Company of Heroes - Jeremy Soule has released a number of albums he composed for games, but sadly this one has yet to be released, if ever.

Prisoner of War - Very good, atmospheric music for a war-themed game that I wouldn't mind having on a CD.

Spot Goes to Hollywood - Tommy Tallarico's compositions still impress me to this day on this particular game. There's been a release of a few tracks, but nothing complete for this game.

Killing Time - A pretty bad game, but the music is great! Toot Sweet Jazz Band composed about half of the music for this game, and I've contacted them personally. I think the second half was studio recordings for both ambient and synthesized tracks.

Chris
Nov 14, 2010, 06:46 PM
Goldeneye 007 - Dam, Surface, Silo, Depot and many other memorable themes.

Check Kirkhope and Norgate's official websites. They give official versions of the majority of the tracks.

Company of Heroes - Jeremy Soule has released a number of albums he composed for games, but sadly this one has yet to be released, if ever.

This one is coming through Sumthing Else.

Mario Kinnikuman
Nov 14, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the tips, Chris! I'll be sure to keep on the lookout for the upcoming Company of Heroes soundtrack, and occupy myself with the Goldeneye 007 music in the meanwhile.

jdkluv
Nov 23, 2010, 11:22 AM
Vampire Hunter D (PSX) has the amazing OST, you can download it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnMbFq-5AhM

Thanks for the link, it's very very good.

Anyone have a custom tracklist for it? Or have some knowledge about where the tracks are played in game?

v1le
Dec 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
Can't believe no one hasn't mentioned Maximo vs. Army of the Zin and I'm pretty sure there are lots of people who like capcom sound. Pretty sure Tommy Tallarico and the crew are musically behind it. It's weird as there aren't even any rips floating around this game.

Electivirus
Dec 31, 2010, 03:08 PM
Many, MANY recent Nintendo soundtracks. Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl and the various Zelda titles being most prominent.

Also, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc.

This list really could go on forever. Nintendo really needs to get on the ball with this.

Blitz Lunar
Dec 31, 2010, 03:26 PM
Kirby's Dream Land 1+2+3 all didn't get soundtracks, thinking about it. That'd be a neat compilation to see.

PerfectZer0
Jan 23, 2011, 06:12 AM
I've always wanted a Turrican box set esp. for Super Turrican, man I love the music in that game.

Ivalice Alliance
Jan 25, 2011, 01:28 AM
Shinkisekai Evolution 1 and 2 for the Dreamcast (Masaharu Iwata)
Coded Soul (I think Hitoshi Sakimoto compsed the entire score, could be wrong)
Fantasy Earth Zero
Hotel Dusk - Room 215
Kingdom Grand Prix
Gauntlet 4
Pilotwings 64
Shadow of Destiny
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (Never understood why this never saw release)
Kuusen
Magical Chase
VERYTEX
Shadow of Rome (Why Capcom, WHY WAS THERE NO SOUNDTRACK! I had to rip this one :(
Batman (Nes)
F-Zero (Original Audio)
Summoner

Cedille
Jan 25, 2011, 02:41 AM
Coded Soul (I think Hitoshi Sakimoto compsed the entire score, could be wrong)Only the main theme. The rest was Namiki and Kamikura.

Magical Chase
I heard SuperSweep was actually about to release a soundtrack but couldn't make it by the time Quest was absorbed and all the IPs were managed by SQEX.

Ivalice Alliance
Jan 27, 2011, 01:06 AM
Only the main theme. The rest was Namiki and Kamikura.

I heard SuperSweep was actually about to release a soundtrack but couldn't make it by the time Quest was absorbed and all the IPs were managed by SQEX.

Thanks, it's still a damn good soundtrack, even though I had to rip the music :(

Oh man, that would have been great :)

Ivalice Alliance
Jan 27, 2011, 01:10 AM
What about with Fantasy Earth Zero? I asked Sakimoto on his Facebook and he said he composed it but he thinks others composed new tracks. Alot on the rip from the game sound like him but I know I here Iwata in there as well.

Jormungand
Jan 27, 2011, 05:33 PM
What about with Fantasy Earth Zero? I asked Sakimoto on his Facebook and he said he composed it but he thinks others composed new tracks. Alot on the rip from the game sound like him but I know I here Iwata in there as well.
I'm fairly certain Sakimoto composed only around 3 tracks for Fantasy Earth. Iwata definitely had some contributions. You might want to clarify with Sakimoto.

Vegeta
Jan 28, 2011, 12:01 AM
In my opinion, Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles needs to put onto a 3 Disc Set (or 2 if there isnt that many tracks).

PerfectZer0
Jan 29, 2011, 10:38 PM
Alien Trilogy

I know it has red book audio on the Saturn and PSX......but I still want an official release....=D

Badass soundtrack!!!

PerfectZer0
Feb 6, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm with every person who has said Jet Moto or Jet Moto 2 (if any).....Holy fuck why have these two games never had offical releases?! Fucking christ somebody do these OSTs justice!

PerfectZer0
Feb 6, 2011, 03:23 PM
Airforce Delta..... one of the best Dreamcast soundtracks ever. I wish it was on CD.

TerraEpon
Feb 7, 2011, 10:35 AM
I'm with every person who has said Jet Moto or Jet Moto 2 (if any).....Holy fuck why have these two games never had offical releases?! Fucking christ somebody do these OSTs justice!

Dunno about the second one, but the first has redbook audio.

KeyLogic
Feb 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
F-Zero (Original Audio)

KeyLogic believes Ivalice can find much of the original F-Zero music in the Nintendo Super Famicom Game Music (http://vgmdb.net/album/2032) soundtrack.

TerraEpon
Feb 10, 2011, 07:41 PM
But not all of it.

Jedi QuestMaster
Feb 18, 2011, 10:11 PM
Rockman Complete Works (the PS games) had nice arrangements for 4-6, but I can't any soundtracks for them, & I don't think they have redbook audio either. :/

newsblade
Apr 6, 2011, 03:19 AM
I would list all SEGA games' OST that weren't release in its PAL version, because usually "PAL version" BGM is better (or should I say "much better") than the frenetic hi-speed NTSC music) in SEGA 8 and 16bit games.

Vert1
Apr 20, 2011, 07:29 PM
So....no one has mentioned Neo Contra yet?

It's coming!

http://vgmdb.net/album/25168

superangelo128
May 3, 2011, 10:08 AM
although debatable if a game: Umineko no Naku Koro ni VN series only has a soundtrack for Episode 1 but even then I don't even think it has ALL the songs for Episode 1.

Though I guess if they're waiting for people to finsh episode 8 it kinda makes sense.

As for non-visual novels: I would LOVE a Plok and Waterworld OST but sadly no one really remembers (or cares) about those games enough to make them.

Aindreas
May 6, 2011, 10:57 PM
Metroid Zero Mission
Contra Hard Corps
Marvel vs. Capcom 2's
Digimon World 3

mr. newbie
Jun 12, 2011, 02:21 AM
street fighter 3 third strike arranged (aka console version). also, the american ost was so poorly done it shouldn't count as even being released.

PSIRockin
Jun 17, 2011, 10:50 PM
I wish they'd release a Luigi's Mansion soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack. But the older the game gets, the less I can see it happening. :(

Blitz Lunar
Jun 18, 2011, 07:55 AM
indeed. there are tonnes of nintendo games that could use soundtracks. wish they wouldn't be so iffy about music releases, if anyone has the resources to do it then they do.

i don't think Sonic 1+2+Chaos (Master System) ever appeared on any releases did they? or other 8bit sonic games for that matter. they could all be bundled together for a good release :)

DarioEMeloD
Jun 18, 2011, 04:55 PM
I wish they'd release a Luigi's Mansion soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack. But the older the game gets, the less I can see it happening. :(I hope with Luigi's Mansion 2 they'll do something about it. I mean, it would't be the first time they release soundtracks for *Game 1 & 2* after/with the release of *Game 2* =D

PSIRockin
Jun 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
In my opinion, Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles needs to put onto a 3 Disc Set (or 2 if there isnt that many tracks).

Well, you've got 1 & 2...

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/06/sonic-the-hedgehog-1-2-commemorative-20th-anniversary-soundtrack-announced/

Kewing
Jun 21, 2011, 02:55 PM
A recent gem I discovered a few months ago...
M.U.S.H.A. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxj6Vupkn38)
God, would I kill for a release of it. It's got be one the best rock shmup soundtracks I've ever heard, even rivalling the stuff in Thunder Force IV. Definitely worth checking out.

PSIRockin
Jul 1, 2011, 01:29 PM
I wish they'd release a soundtrack for Rayman. I really thought that soundtrack was cool

PerfectZer0
Jul 17, 2011, 05:23 PM
Lords Of Thunder (Sega CD)<---yes, imo it's better than the Turbo Grafx CD's soundtrack. An ost release would be nice.

Critical Depth (PSX)

Destruction Derby 2 (PSX)

MDK2 (Dreamcast)

I know the first three have redbook audio, I own them but it's not the same. A soundtrack release for all four of them would be much appreciated.

Vert1
Aug 25, 2011, 08:30 AM
Genesis games:

Wolfchild
Divine Sealing
Splatterhouse 2+3

PSIRockin
Aug 25, 2011, 11:25 AM
I wish they'd release one for Megaman X6. Not in the 1-6 compilation.

Vert1
Sep 12, 2011, 06:32 PM
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire. Fantastic tunes by T's Music.

Can the OP update the first post with all the games listed?

thedreamtraveler
Sep 13, 2011, 09:34 AM
There are many great games that have sadly not gotten soundtrack releases, outside of pretty much anything from Nintendo, here are some that I have found. Not sure if any of these have been mentioned on here yet.

Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape 3
Medievil 1
Medievil 2
Rayman 2
Rayman 3
Shining the Holy Ark (not the Sakuraba album, but one that has the original Saturn music)
Bug 1 & Too (I believe that Too has some music on the disc if you put it in the computer but not much)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (The awesome PS1/Saturn arranges)
Dual Hearts (Great action RPG from the PS2 era, brought out by Atlus in the USA, not even sure who the composer was)
Klonoa Empire of Dreams & Dream Champ Tournament (There were some nice tunes in those GBA titles, specifically the first one. Plus I love the Klonoa series.)
Magic Pengel
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

There are many more out there that I am forgetting as it's quite a long list. This is an interesting thread because there's so many soundtracks out there both in print and out of print, but still many that were simply never made. Hopefully one day these game companies will go "Oh my, we never released (insert soundtrack) and people want it, maybe we should look back and see what we missed". One can hope right?

thedreamtraveler
Sep 13, 2011, 09:51 AM

I couldn't agree more with that statement, I love the music to those games! They have that awesome 90's PS1 era sound to them, my personal favorites come from Jet Moto 2. The Title Screen song is absolutely epic stuff! I never played the first Jet Moto, sadly the only way to listen to Jet Moto 2's music is either by playing the game or putting the game into the computer, where it's Red Book audio can be found. Hopefully one day we''ll get their OSTs, I think especially now that Sony could totally bring that series back as you can sort of see remnants of the series through their other games. The latest Motorstorm game reminds me of the Jet Moto series as the third game, Apocalypse, has comic book style story/cut scenes.

Yotsuya
Sep 15, 2011, 09:25 PM
Did anyone mention Mario Paint yet? Something magic about that music. Just watched the Zan: Nintendo 3DS Peripheral Unboxing on youtube and it has a little snippet of Mario Paint in it *drools*

alexbip15
Sep 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
I would love a The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and a
Layton Kyouju to Kiseki no Kamen Original Soundtrack both games have a very nice soundtrack

Yotsuya
Sep 27, 2011, 01:17 AM
How about Street Fighter EX plus Alpha for Playstation? A very slick soundtrack indeed.

thedreamtraveler
Sep 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
I personally enjoyed the soundtrack to the forgotten Gameboy Color game, Magi-Nation. Even though it used the limited sound processors of the GBC sound chip, there were some nice tunes hidden under the midicompositions. Not that there's anything wrong with midi sound as some of my favorite games both growing up and now use it. Things like Castlevania, Megaman, Mario Bros., and tons more so. I would either take a Gameboy Color version OST, a remix of the entire game's OST, or a combination release similar to Phantasy Star 0's OST or Persona 2 giving the consumer both. It was a great little game, never got around to finishing it and the cart battery probably died by now. It may have been heavily influenced by the Pokemon games at the time, but I didn't care as I enjoyed it a lot and thought that it had enough going for it to be able to stand on its own.

jalvarez82
Sep 29, 2011, 03:11 PM
Nekketsu Oyako (prefferably Saturn version)

ilef
Oct 6, 2011, 12:00 AM
There are many great games that have sadly not gotten soundtrack releases, outside of pretty much anything from Nintendo, here are some that I have found. Not sure if any of these have been mentioned on here yet.

Medievil 1

[...]
MediEvil got released with a magazine: Joypad CD Vol.4 - Les musiques de MediEvil (http://vgmdb.net/album/4105). Disregard this if you meant a proper soundtrack release. At least they bothered to come up with something for Resurrection :(

- Kuon (PS2)
- A more complete soundtrack to Rule of Rose, Metal Gear Solid
- Battle Arena Toshinden /3
- Brave Soul

Raiden Gekkou
Oct 9, 2011, 02:05 AM
Gex: Enter The Gecko had some good music. I wish an official OST was made, but all I can find is one guy on Youtube that ripped the songs.

thedreamtraveler
Oct 9, 2011, 07:05 AM
Elebits for the Wii had a beautiful soundtrack, very dreamy with a techno/trance like sound. It was composed by Naoyuki Sato, and of Castlevania fame Michiru Yamane which was both nice and surprising to see. I didn't know that she could write music like that, very nice music for sure. They made a smaller sampler called "The Smile of You" featuring some of the games stage music and the ending theme. It was sold through Konami Style, sadly it's out of print now. I believe that there are game rips out there for it, but Konami really should release the full soundtrack on disc(s) for the public. The music is too good to just leave it alone completely. I mean they released the OST for Dewey's Adventure, another game with a similar art style, for the Wii so why not Elebits. I personally enjoyed Elebits and liked it more than the other title, the unique gameplay mechanics reminded me of a Katamari style game. Either way, great game with a great soundtrack.

NaturalChemical
Oct 13, 2011, 09:38 PM
Agreed on Elebits. That game should have gotten a bit more recognition.

I've been listening to a lot of Kenji Hikita soundtracks, and I'm amazed the guy has so few soundtracks to his name. Formula Nippon '99 is particularly impressive, featuring hard rock music rivaling F-Zero and BlazBlue. He also scored the GBA F-Zero games which, while unpopular, had some killer tunes.

thedreamtraveler
Dec 2, 2011, 11:04 AM
I think that it would be great if Sony or someone would release the soundtrack to the sadly forgotten Playstation 3 Eye Toy card game, The Eye of Judgement. I have the game, the cards, and the camera that all came with it. It was a great little game, very unique, had great character designs, and in this case a thrashing soundtrack. The tunes were hard and heavy, really hitting you with strong guitar riffs and drum work. I checked the manual for the game's music composer and it said that it was done by American heavy metal band, Slipknot. I am not surprised as the tunes sound similar to their type of music. Heavy guitars, drums, all with an industrial sound. A shame too because those who like this kind of music would love it, weather you bought the game or not. Although with that said, the release of this is probably out of the question as they wrote the music but it's Sony's title. Oh well at least there's Youtube... :(

DragoonEnRegalia
Dec 15, 2011, 12:51 PM
The original Doubutsu no Mori soundtrack, as far as I'm aware, has never had any album release, aside from the Totakeke portion of the soundtrack (which, of course, has been released over two albums, counting successive installments in the franchise). I hope that Totaka and his crew can do AC3DS justice in the sound department and, finally, release what is so far the best soundtrack of the series (and a fantastic soundtrack overall). I'll also extend my hopes and dreams to an album compilation of music from all the Mario Artist games, because they would shed some great insight on a shady part of Nintendo's musical history.

I think I could go for a Herzog Zwei album as well. It's the last Technosoft game soundtrack really worth an album that hasn't gotten one yet, and it could also feature the music from the original Herzog and some re-arrangements. Some day...

Chad_K
Dec 18, 2011, 02:49 PM
A release of the Warlocked (GBC) soundtrack would be pretty cool, though I can always just check it out on youtube or plug my GBC into my stereo with the line in and listen to the songs through the sound test.

Lao Shan Lung
Jan 7, 2012, 08:12 PM
although it was mentioned in an early post, 7th saga is definitely one i wish existed.

Vert1
Jan 8, 2012, 10:21 AM
Snowboard Kids 64. The continue music after you race in multi-player is 10/10.

mushgloom
Jan 9, 2012, 10:13 AM
Finny the Fish and the Seven Waters has an ace soundtrack. To my knowledge it's the only soundtrack completely credited to Shingo Okumura. Real Violins, piano bass and percussion on many of the tracks. If it had an actual soundtrack release I would already own it!

thedreamtraveler
Jan 10, 2012, 07:39 AM
One soundtrack I often find myself listening to on Youtube is from the game "Battletoads and Double Dragon". I love the music to this game a lot, with my favorite tune being the "Intro Theme", it's so epic! I know that many debate weather the Genesis or SNES versions sounds better, me I grew up playing the Genesis version and thus like that one more. I just like the way that the sound processors made the music for this title. I would love to see this released with both versions included, it would be fun to compare them too. The likely chance of this happening is slim as Battletoads is owned by Rare and I honestly don't know who owns Double Dragon any more. All that exists of this title's music is through the various game rips floating around the internet which is quite sad.

nextday
Jan 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
I guess this thread would be the place to post this since it's related to a game with no official soundtrack release. Nicalis might be thinking about doing an official soundtrack release for Cave Story. Not sure if this means the original by Pixel, the 3DS rearrange by Danny Barranowsky, or both.

Original tweet asking about digital or physical: https://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/status/161699073538277376
Followup tweet about how much people would want to pay for a physical release: https://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/status/162318949277646848

thedreamtraveler
Jan 31, 2012, 09:28 AM
Another game I find myself listening to is the music from the Sega Genesis/SNES game "Shaq Fu". Now I know some may absolutely hate and laugh at this game, critics often joke about it when making a list of bad or laughable games ever made. Although I actually fondly remember this title and it's tunes. It was also a part of my childhood so good or bad it's memorable to me at least. I had the Genesis version, and the Gamegear one too, but prefer the OST to the Genesis one the most. It had a great sound, sorta like a mix between classic 90's 16-bit games and a little hip-hop thrown in for some style. The composer, Raphael Gesqua, did a great job writing the music for the game. The tracks did an excellent job of matching both the characters and the world/stage each fighter fought in. I will never get an official OST to this, but would love to have one nonetheless. If you never heard it, check it out sometime it's pretty funky! :)

mikurotoro
Feb 25, 2012, 04:53 AM
There are so many games that don't have soundtracks that I wish did. They are mainly Nintendo, since they don't release osts anymore. Oh, where do I even start?

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
2. Wii Channels, with all Nintendo 3DS BGM (Wii, obviously!)
3. Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
5. Personal Trainer: Cooking (DS)
6. Motto Eigozuke and Eigoduke (DS, not released in US)
7. DS Bimoji Training (DS, not released in US)
8. Art Style: Pictobits (DSiWare)
9. Wii Fit (Wii)
10. Face Pilot: Fly with your Nintendo DSi Camera (DSiWare)
11. Wii Sports (Wii)
12. Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
13. DDR:Mario Mix (GCN)
14. Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA)
15. Mario Party 8 (Wii)
16. Super Mario All-stars (SNES)
17. Tetris & Dr. Mario (SNES)
18. Tetris Attack/ Panel de Pon (SNES)
19. Steel Diver (3DS)
20. PS3 Photo Gallery & PlayMemories (PS3)
21. Trash Panic (PS3)
22. Playstation Home (PS3, who said it has to be all Japanese games?)
23. Playstation Vita BGM (PSV)
24. Mario Kart DS (DS)
25. Bakugan:Defenders of the Core (PS3, based on the anime series)
26. Yu-gi-oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers (Wii, based on the anime)
27. Adventure Island the Beginning (WiiWare)
28. Wario Land 4 (GBA)
29. Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
30. dress (PS3, Japan only)
31. NES Open Tournament Golf (NES)
32. Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
33. Mario Paint (SNES)
34. Mario Artist: Talent Studio ( Nintendo 64DD, Japan only)
35. BS-X Bios (Super Famicom, not released in US)
36. Retro Game Challenge (DS)
37. Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GCN, not released in US)
38. Minna no Sukkiri (PSP)
39. Minna de Spelunker (PS3)
40. Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 (N64)
41. Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
42. Pokemon Trading Card Game (GB)
43. Trip World (GB)
44. Batman (NES)
45. Thruspace (WiiWare)
46. Mickey Mania the timeless adventures of mickey mouse (SNES, genesis, sega cd, ps1)
47. Walt Disney World Quest magical racing tour (GBC by the same people who did gex)
48. Gex enter the gecko (N64)
49. Tetrisphere (N64)
That's all I can think of off hand, if there were osts of all the games on here it would be a dream come true!

mikurotoro
Feb 25, 2012, 05:05 AM
Add Super Mario Kart to the list, I can't believe I forgot it. One of my favorite SNES games for sure!

Yotsuya
Feb 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
wasn't Batman included on this? http://vgmdb.net/album/26274

mikurotoro
Feb 25, 2012, 05:19 PM
You mentioned Minish Cap, add that to the list. One of the best Zelda games that doesn't have an OST. Also add Sin & Punishment Star Successor (Wii) And for that matter, Wario World, also by Treasure (who did S & P Star Successor)

Xiaoh
Feb 28, 2012, 06:57 AM
You mentioned Minish Cap, add that to the list. One of the best Zelda games that doesn't have an OST. Also add Sin & Punishment Star Successor (Wii) And for that matter, Wario World, also by Treasure (who did S & P Star Successor)

Speaking of LoZ, Twilight Princess has not yet been given its own official OST.

mikurotoro
Feb 29, 2012, 12:19 AM
I only played the demo, but the music in nintendogs + cats was good, so a soundtrack of all the nintendogs games would be nice. I will get the full game someday!

mikurotoro
Feb 29, 2012, 12:52 AM
Oh, and as for the poster above me, Twilight Princess has a soundtrack, Club Nintendo I think? but it's not all the songs from the game. Same thing with Donkey Kong Country Returns, it got a Club Nintendo soundtrack but it didn't have all the tracks. And speaking of Club Nintendo, the 2011 Platinum Bonus soundtracks for Japan needs to come stateside (Wii Fit Plus http://vgmdb.net/album/29639, Mario Kart Wii http://vgmdb.net/album/29638, Pilotwings Resort http://vgmdb.net/album/29636, and Starfox 64 3D http://vgmdb.net/album/29637) I'm leaving out Tomodachi Collection http://vgmdb.net/album/29635 because it didn't come to the US (I do own the game though)

mikurotoro
Mar 1, 2012, 11:57 PM
Oh I completely forgot New Super Mario Bros. Wii & DS and Super Mario 64 DS I want osts of both games. Also a 2nd Touch Generations ost Please Nintendo? Let's start a Facebook petition for all game companies, (mainly Nintendo) Japanese or not, to show we have interest in buying soundtracks for these games if they existed! It worked for bringing games over ( The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles) so why not soundtracks? I know internet petitions very rarely get results, but like I said it worked with The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles. So write on Nintendo's and other developers Facebook and write letters to their Japanese offices, I tried to write to Nintendo of Japan regarding osts for Brawl and Wario Land: Shake It! and they forwarded my letter to NoA because it has to be written in Kanji. But if everybody writes to them then they will know that we are interested and might give us what we want! It might even work for reprints of older osts like Yoshi's Island!

thedreamtraveler
Mar 9, 2012, 09:48 AM
One soundtrack that I still honestly can't believe was never made was an official release of Marvel vs Capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Capcom usually releases their stuff through the Suleputer record label, practically everything was put out by them except for a couple of albums. It's a real shame because the music in that game is brilliant, often with great remixes or original character/stage themes. There are so many great tunes in this game with personal favorites being Deadpool's Theme, Wesker's Theme, Ghostrider's Theme, Wolverine's Theme, among the many others I didn't mention as the whole thing was very well done. I am a big fan of fighting game soundtracks as they tend to have so many varied and interesting high energy tracks. They released Street Fighter IV's OST and even the newly released Street Fighter X Tekken is getting its OST (through the Japanese Limited Edition sadly). The only reason I could think of is that Marvel didn't authorize them to release it because they have theme's that they may/may not agree represent their characters properly. Not really sure of the exact reason, just guessing. I would still buy it even if it were to be released later as it's a great soundtrack! :)

Vegeta
Mar 20, 2012, 04:26 AM
Sonic The Hegehog 3 & Knuckles .. no official soundtrack for this combo.
Final Fight 3 - Never seen one around for this game either.

PSIRockin
Mar 21, 2012, 02:24 PM
I wish Gaiaseed would have a CD release. But good luck...

Mechanized_Angel
Apr 10, 2012, 01:42 PM
You know what was epic???

San Francisco Rush, and San Francisco Rush 2049

Would be awesome to find even a rip of either of these...

dissident93
Apr 16, 2012, 04:44 PM
Sonic The Hegehog 3 & Knuckles .. no official soundtrack for this combo.

And it never will be. The fiasco with MJ and the lawsuits make this too touchy for Wave Master to release. I've even asked Jun Senoue and he said nope.

Gaiden
Apr 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
You know, I'd like to have Digimon World DS / Digimon Story as an official CD, that and Digimon World: Dawn and Dusk, both in a nice 2 Disk package, that music really rocks, other then that i'd like, Digimon World 3, a WAY better soundtrack of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine and, um, oh yeah, Mario Party and Mario Party 2, it wouldn't hurt none.

Cryptic Writings
Apr 26, 2012, 01:37 AM
Link to the past cd

DarioEMeloD
Apr 26, 2012, 04:37 AM
This is pretty much complete...
http://vgmdb.net/album/885

Porter
May 7, 2012, 12:23 PM
Last Escort - Club Katze (Koji Tagaito)

There is no official score release. I was little bit surprised because previous 2 games get CD releases. And what great music it is!

Vert1
May 8, 2012, 08:09 AM
The Lawnmower Man (SNES) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAxgLTA64A0)

Someone posted this on discogs today. The Lawnmower Man!! Great stuff.

edit: It's by Allister Brimble so that explains the quality.

alexbip15
May 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle all others entries of the series got an official soundtrack release but not this one :(. we only have two tracks officially released here http://vgmdb.net/album/24162

Raziel
May 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
I mentioned Resident Evil: Survivor before, but there's a few other gems I'd like to see as an official release:

Syphon Filter 1 & 2 - in a way, their sort of typical late 90s action-stealth electonic music, but I am fond of them quite a lot, especially the suspense tracks. In any case, the percussion is awesome! But considering it's Western video game music, the release of anything official is probably never going to happen.

Crash Bandicoot series - another old classic. It's not something I'd listen to on a constant basis, but the games have enough cool tunes for some sort of release to happen!

Deus Ex - while there's the GOTY soundtrack, it's terribly incomplete.

Fatal Frame series - maybe not in the same league with the likes of Siren, but the dark ambient found throughout the games is still pretty cool

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - I'd really like this to be on an album with a bit of remastering here and there, since the rip I have is pretty muddy. While one could say it suits the game, I'd still like the industrial beats and synths to be edgier

Tomb Raider series - it doesn't have that much, but there would definitely be an album worth of tracks if all the classic games were bundled up

:P

dissident93
May 29, 2012, 11:57 PM
Crash Bandicoot series - another old classic. It's not something I'd listen to on a constant basis, but the games have enough cool tunes for some sort of release to happen!

Speaking of which... Josh Mancell, (Whom I found out did ALL the songs for CB1-3 and CTR, Mark was just the supervisor) said something about him potentially putting out all his pre-game mixes on an album. He already has a few of them up on his Soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/joshmancell).

Alcahest
Jun 13, 2012, 04:01 PM
SPARKSTER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSvtmRnjBwI) !
Konami + SPC700 = miracles.

dissident93
Jun 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Since I didn't wanna start another topic, I'll just post it here.

I've discovered track specific credits for Mickey Mania (Genesis) and Decap Attack. (I forgot if I have others, but I think I do..)

ON TOPIC: Alisia Dragoon! I was excited when I saw a Game Arts Collection released recently, then disappointed when I read AD wasn't included. u_u Based on Zeliard's music, I'd say AD's early stage music is done by Nobuyuki Aoshima. Too bad none of Mecano Associates (Nobuyuki Aoshima, Mamoru Ishimoda, Yoko Sonoda, Marika Satoh, Fumihito Kasatani) have any sort of online presence whatsoever. "/

Psychonotes
Jun 14, 2012, 04:55 PM
I dream of the day that a collection of Sega's 8/16 bit Disney game soundtracks (Quackshot, Lucky Dime, Deep Duck, and the Mickey Mouse Illusion series) will be released. The MD games in particular had some of the best music to ever come out of Sega, and it's amazing to me that none of it has ever been released. It seems like it'd be a natural fit for a Wavemaster compilation. Perhaps there are licensing issues with Disney...

Also, original MD soundtracks for Shining Force 1 and 2. Why don't you exist?

Blitz Lunar
Jun 15, 2012, 01:26 AM
Lucky Dime

This one particularly. It has pretty crazy music... I'd love to know who composed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjMWjiJvUPY
>muh childhoods

thedreamtraveler
Jun 16, 2012, 08:43 AM
After seeing that an official (digital anyways) soundtrack was released for the awesome "Age of Zombies" game, I remembered that the PSN game "Burn Zombie Burn" didn't get it's OST released. It's a shame too because like Age of Zombies, it's OST is both great and rockin'. I have tried to email Double Six about releasing it somehow, but never got a message back. As a side note, there are so many great PSN/XBLA indie games that sadly never got OST releases, I would gladly buy a physical/digital release for all of them if I could. I can't even begin to name them...

PSIRockin
Jun 23, 2012, 10:07 AM
Huh. Never would've thought that Lawnmower Man game was based on a movie.

ritsukai
Jun 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rage Racer (the songs credits are still a mystery)
All the scores that Basiscape did for 8ing
Toaplan Arranged soundtracks for Saturn and PSX ports
Bloody Roar 2
Daemon Bride
Gouketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri
Music GunGun!2 -Hosoe, hamauzu, Ishimoto, etc- i never get tired of listening the samples on the official site (http://www.taito.co.jp/arc/noko/music_gungun_2/list.html)
Darius Burst Second Prologue (?)

strugglepoo
Jun 29, 2012, 06:14 PM
The first 2 Bleach games for the DS by NON. Hi-fi would be nice. And the two Sin & Punishment games while we're at it.

Actually, a Bleach: Heat the Soul collection from Basiscape would be amazing as well.

Yotsuya
Oct 20, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sonic 3d blast for Saturn, rusty ruin zone 2 is amazing.

smartalex2014
May 30, 2014, 07:11 AM
Here are some OST's I'd like to see released:

Fate:Unlimited codes (Based on Capcom's Fighter in 2008)
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (Although there was a vocal CD promo)
The Rumble Fish 2
Shin Kohime Musou-Arcade Edition (Though anime CD's were released)
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (It could happen later on!)
Aliens Vs. Predator (1994 Capcom game)
Willow (1990 Capcom game)
Nemo (Also a 1990 Capcom game)
D&D tower of doom (Shadow over Mystara was released though)

eduhunter
Jun 6, 2014, 05:21 PM
Original Resident Evil 1, after all these years no soundtrack release D:

Midoryu
Jun 11, 2014, 07:41 PM
What I always wondered about is, why Square Enix never released the magnificent soundtrack from "Dungeon Siege III" by Jason Graves. While the best parts of "Tomb Raider"(2013), which was by the same composer, seem to be taken right from DS3, TR got a a CD release, when Dungeon Siege's soundtrack has a better overall quality and more variation and got none.
(For example, compare TR's "Main Theme" with DS3's "Credits" )

eduhunter
Jun 18, 2014, 07:47 AM
The music in Driver 2 for PSX is awesome too, sadly this game wasn't released even on PSN [only driver 1]

caiol92
Jul 6, 2014, 07:54 PM
Mega Man X4. Not only it's the only Mega Man game that I like in general, but it has a wonderful soundtrack. Kind of baffles me that they never released a separate soundtrack CD for it; the music quality is technically superb, and the compositions are great. Also, The Revenge Of Shinobi; Koshiro could provide some demos (if he has any), so we could have a nice CD release, kind of like the Sonic 1 & 2 soundtrack release.

dissident93
Jul 7, 2014, 07:19 AM
Koshiro, as far as I know, never did MIDI demos for his FM stuff, rather he'd make a "demo" of them on his PC-8801. The version found on the OST (http://vgmdb.net/album/233) is the PC-8801 sound source, so basically they're the demo versions, if that makes sense.

caiol92
Jul 10, 2014, 07:09 PM
Interesting. Well, that CD must be one of the rarest things to find, since I didn't find it in any of the sites that I know. Is there any other official release where the full game score can be found?

mikurotoro
Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 PM
ooh how could i overlook one of the best games on the SNES- mickey mania? i can't believe i forgot it! i love all the music in that game & dare i say it's better then any mario or zelda game too bad it didn't get an official ost it is one of the only good quality licensed games! oh also add walt disney world quest magical racing tour (GBC) to the list it had surprisingly good music!

eduhunter
Aug 31, 2014, 10:33 AM
Anyone metioned Mario Kart 8? Don't belive all that staff work for no separate CD release...