PDA

View Full Version : ABCA-73: KING'S FIELD original besttrack

Secret Squirrel
Aug 10, 2009, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have a source for the list of composers?

knighTeen87
Aug 11, 2009, 04:44 PM
you cna see their names on the game's credits screen.

ava
Aug 11, 2009, 07:16 PM
In Booklet of this CD, composer is mentioned in only Koji Endo.

Secret Squirrel
Aug 11, 2009, 07:39 PM
We should stick with the books credit for now, unless we get more info on a track by track breakdown. I think that sometimes the game credits are a bit vague (by the same token, liner notes don't always tell the whole story.

For posterity, the game credits were:Koji Endo,Kaoru Kono,Takashi Aoki,Yasushi Kawakami,Yasunbobu Suzuki

ava
Aug 11, 2009, 08:41 PM
By the way, is spelling suitable for "Yasunbobu Suzuki"?lol

Cedille
May 21, 2012, 02:31 AM
A recent edit removed some kindhearted annotations I think was added not to confuse users.

King's Field - Tracks 1-11
King's Field II (KF1 outside Japan) - Tracks 12-20
King's Field III (KF2 outside Japan) - Tracks 21-33

Is it really so unnecessary and redundant? I know not so many people add this kinds of things, yet I think it doesn't hurt to keep them, to say the very least. Not everyone here is an elite who knows the title difference via localization.

Hellacia
May 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I kind of don't understand why we'd want less of that kind of information in the notes field. However, I guess one reason it could be removed is that in our product pages for the games, we have that information there, so I guess we don't really need it in the notes field. The edit could have been done for tidiness.

Secret Squirrel
May 21, 2012, 12:48 PM
I'm not a fan of removing that info either. Some people just don't like having redundant info on the pages. When I see those edits, and if I think that info should be on the page, then I'll either reject the submission, or stealthily accept the submission and manually put the info back in.

Despatche
May 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
Not everyone here is an elite who knows the title difference via localization.
i doubt that, and you're supposed to be anyway. that kind of logic would harm this entire website.

it's not just that it's redundant, it's that there's no standard for any of this. best standard is to keep it out and expect people to care, because they're going to have to anyway.

Hellacia
May 21, 2012, 08:33 PM
Jeez, have a heart man :mad:

Arcubalis
Apr 24, 2013, 09:36 PM
Haha, just read all of this. For reference, I added this album to GMR back in the day, and this entry in its entirety (including those comments) were from GMR. Didn't know they were removed, and this is such an obscure franchise that most people don't even know the original KF (the Japanese one) exists.

Datschge
Apr 25, 2013, 07:23 AM
Despatche's post has to be sarcasm.

Hellacia
Apr 25, 2013, 10:48 AM
If you think that, you don't know him very well. He wants to do away with English tracklists, for starters ;)