PDA

View Full Version : CPCA-10211: Capcom Music Collection Vol.0 prologue

Carl
Sep 4, 2009, 06:04 AM
No way...!

They used the naming convention from "Konami Music Collection Vol.0" since that was previously the only official album with a Vol.0 in it's title... Somehow this seems mysterious, I wonder if they got inspired recently or something... hmm.

xanadujin
Sep 4, 2009, 06:26 AM
Awesome! Too bad it's kind of a small album. :/

- Justin Pfeiffer

seanne
Sep 4, 2009, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I thought this was curious too. It would be cool if they are resurrecting the "Vol"-type releases of old, but I guess it would only be compilations of already released music and not, new, full soundtracks. The selection for this CD makes it seem like a random 'best of' sampler disc...

Myrkul
Sep 4, 2009, 07:01 AM
Yes on e-capcom it's noted as being a "best-of".

That "vol. 0" could mean there will be other albums.. (or not?)

Seems like saleputer & e-capcom are not agree on the release date..
suleputer RD is 2009/09/24 while e-capcom RD is 2009/10/01.
e-capcom also have a different cover for the album, the "vol.0 prologue" is not present on it.

Carl
Sep 4, 2009, 07:32 AM
the Konami Vol.0 appeared on July 1989, (20 years ago) so maybe they got inspired by looking back at 20th releases too?

Jormungand
Sep 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hopefully this will have individual composer credits on it. I'd like to finally know who wrote the Opening Stage for MMX.

the_miker
Sep 6, 2009, 10:28 AM
What a strange and completely random release this is..

Myrkul
Sep 24, 2009, 12:29 PM
I modified the release date to the 1st of october, since it seems to be the right date (on e-capcom at least).

Another news!
There will be more "Capcom Music Collection" (http://www.e-capcom.com/music/cmc/01/)!

Volume 1 on his way.. and there seems to be some sort of Poll on e-capcom website (http://www.e-capcom.com/music/cmc/01/), and you can vote which track will be arranged (if i am right..)
edit: seems to be a vote for bonus tracks only that will be arranged on vol.1

Reg
Oct 1, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hopefully this will have individual composer credits on it. I'd like to finally know who wrote the Opening Stage for MMX.

Me too. That's easily one of my favorite MM tracks of all-time.

Carl
Oct 26, 2009, 09:19 AM

Nope, I just bought this and unfortunately there's no composer breakdown or individual credits on the package.

Musically it's nice, but that's kinda obvious =)

Jormungand
Oct 28, 2009, 06:01 PM
Nope, I just bought this and unfortunately there's no composer breakdown or individual credits on the package.

Musically it's nice, but that's kinda obvious =)
Gah! Damn you yet again, Capcom!

Thanks for letting us know Carl. It's a shame Capcom hates their composers.

seanne
Oct 29, 2009, 08:06 AM
Gah! Damn you yet again, Capcom!

Thanks for letting us know Carl. It's a shame Capcom hates their composers.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if even Capcom doesn't have a clue who did what, specifically. It doesn't seem like they had a practice of keeping tabs much even to begin with.

Metroid
Oct 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
It is only 33 minutes and the only track that I would like to listen is [1985.09] Ghosts'n Goblins ~ 1st & 2nd BGM, please Capcom next time fill the CD up.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if even Capcom doesn't have a clue who did what, specifically. It doesn't seem like they had a practice of keeping tabs much even to begin with.

So true.

Ghaleon64
Mar 13, 2012, 09:21 PM
*snicker snicker!*

PUBIC Enemy, Lol.