PDA

View Full Version : KICA-1137: Ys IV J.D.K. SPECIAL The Dawn of Ys

abe666
Sep 4, 2009, 04:42 PM
I am very interested in purchasing this cd

Secret Squirrel
Sep 6, 2009, 03:51 AM
Well, there is one copy currently for sale in the marketplace. (http://vgmdb.net/db/collection.php?do=show&albumid=3724) Other than that, this one shows up for sale from time to time on Soundtrack Central.

Matron
Apr 22, 2013, 02:04 PM
I would really like to know who were the original composers of "Ys IV". Where does "Atsushi Shirakawa, Hirofumi Matsuoka, Masaru Nakajima, Naoki Kaneda, Takahiro Tsunashima" actually come from? And why isn't Mieko Ishikawa mentioned there, if her name appears in the pages 04 and 05 of the Booklet? All I can remember is that The Dawn of Ys has a generic sound team credit in the ending credits.

That, and what "sound chip" uses this album? In every description of the Ys IV JDK Special I've read claims it uses the Sharp X68000 synth... but on what basis do people make this claim? Most Japanese sites only refer to it as FM music, and I hear no sign of the X68000's PCM Channel in any of the songs. I also considered it could be from the canceled Ys IV for the Sega CD by Sega-Falcom, but those drums surely don't sound like Mega Drive; they are just too clear, too strong, too high quality... And Falcom's PC-88/98 soundtracks doesn't sound like this :confused: