View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:05 AM
Trusted Editor

I just resurrected a discussion over at STC about the HTOA track on Disc 3 of SaGa Frontier OST (Disc 11 in this release) and all signs point to the pregap track being incomplete on the disc. I ripped it with 2 drives (out of 3, one drive doesn't like HTOA tracks) and had the same result on both drives and someone else confirmed it was an issue by converting the disc to .bin/.cue and editing the .cue to make the pregap track it's own track and the results were the same. The first approximately 2.5 seconds of the theme are cut off and it starts halfway through the 4th note of the theme.

I don't own either the original OST or the reprint but I don't have any indication to expect them to be different so I'll likely update the album info section to note this for each of the albums. I didn't specifically ask but the other users who helped confirm the issue probably do not own the box set but rather one of the original prints. If anyone has conclusive evidence to state otherwise, post here and discuss!