View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:14 AM

I'll admit i don't have the smallest clue about how things work (or might work) with this kind of stuff, please forgive/correct me if i'm saying bullshit. I see the ability to download covers set(s) as .zip file(s) useless and potentially dangerous... for a few reasons:

1) Server loads/Hard Disk space - The site would have to host the images for the galleries and, in addition to that, the aforementioned .zip file(s).... Thus doubling the occupied space. I don't need to speak of the possible issues with bandwidth, i hope.

2) Archives' content update - Let's suppose that more covers for an album get added, or they get added in "better" quality, the staff would have to check and eventually reupload a new archive (as i've previously stated, i don't know if the process could even be automated).... getting more workload.

3) *Most important for last* Main goal of this website - In the words of whom I believe was Gigablah, the scans on VGMdb are provided as a be-all/end-all source of information. While they can be downloaded, they're not here to be downloaded (hopefully i've expressed myself clearly).... I don't think they really need to make things easier for the user on this side of the "matter".

And, just out of curiosity, how much effort do you need to put into doing a few clicks? You view the scan->right-click->choose the desired folder->click "Save".

4) Hidden, trivial reason just for the lulz - If i remember correctly there is another site, somewhat similar to this, which offers download of album scans as archives.

Last edited by ilef; Dec 16, 2011 at 07:34 AM.