View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
kyubihanyou: any speculations on who did Results (Vs. Mode), Emerald and All Emeralds?
-Race Results = Continue [I tend to use official titles (i.e. Power Up and 1-Up from Sonic Advance)], which is related to Balloon Park by how it sounds, which in turn is related to the first part of the S&K credits. I did, however, forget that Continue was also used in Sonic 3D Blast, so that's further proof that it's Setsumaru's and not Nagao's.
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3D:...ive/Genesis%29 -> #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
-->S3 All Clear (main theme) = Continue (Sounds like All Clear) = Balloon Park (Same instrument types as Continue)---> = S&K Credits (First part)
*Well since I now have S3 All Clear and S&K Credits (First part) under Masaru Setsumaru, then Balloon Park and Continue/Race Results must also be his, then. They both have that "crispness" I mentioned last post, though it's harder to tell with these, and Balloon Park has that same starting drum part as both All Clear jingles.

-Chaos Emerald is related to Endless Mine, which by extension is related to Bonus Stage (Magnetic Orb) and S&K's Act 1 Boss [through the first few seconds of all three tracks] and Flying Battery Zone (Act 1+2) [through Act 1 Boss], so I've ultimately assigned it to Tomonori Sawada. (EDIT: No longer the case; I have now assigned Chaos Emerald to Yukifumi Makino.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Bonus Stage (Magnetic Orb) = Endless Mine = Chaos Emerald---> same background flute for these three
*I don't know what's up with Yukifumi Makino being in Sonic 3D Blast for the same variation of Chaos Emerald, but if's he/she's not in either of the in-game credits, I'm not buying it. (EDIT: No longer the case; I now believe Makino does C.E. this because he/she originally composed Timer/Drowning)

-As for All Emeralds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TvaLo8RO8 [at 0:13]), I consider it more of a sound effect than music, much like the original rippers did, which is why it's normally so far to find. In my case, it's because I don't remember it being near the beginning of the sound test with the rest of the music.
*Since it's a sound effect hardly heard in later Sonic games, I'd give it to Tatsuyuki Maeda, the second most significant SE-related name since Sonic 3.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Dec 28, 2010 at 01:35 PM.