View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:28 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
However, like Secret Squirrel said, it is interesting to keep these albums in regular discography.
I think we should separate this in two issues
1 - when to add an artist as featured
To me: always if the album reuses music not meant for it, even in arranges, it's an indication the composer didn't directly compose (ex. kyubi's Chiptuned Rockman)

2 - how it is displayed in the artist page.
I think most people don't use "featured" because it sends albums into the Orange Mass. So, why not alter the artist page? Ex.- in "featured on" only featured doujins (or doujin + deceased composers, etc), in "discography" all other albums but write "composer -> featured composer" or such. To me, how it is displayed is less important (=can be altered anytime) than the info "the album reuses music meant for other game/album, the composer didn't do anything here".

I guess the key disagreement is what "featured" means for each one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
As discussed elsewhere before I think the whole issue is best solved once there is per track credits as well as being able to set tracks as being original or arranged (linking to the original). Then the whole composing, arranging, featuring credits of albums can be generated based on that.
I think the problem would still remain - some wouldn't like to link to the originals as that'd be essentially "featured" (ex. Uematsu here). Besides track-linking sounds like ginormous amount of work with added problems, like which'd be the originals in reissued osts? (ex.- here and here)