View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Myself and surasshu were talking about him around a week ago in relation to this. It does seem like he has straight up fallen off the planet... it's very peculiar.

Which other composers did you contact? My first thought is Shinji Hosoe as he is kind of an oracle and knows everyone. Also Hayato Matsuo would probably know more as well but he isn't the easiest to contact either. Takenouchi would be a fascinating person to interview, for sure. Shining Force II has brilliant music.
To be honest, I don't remember all the names (some of them I contacted 5+ years ago.) I only got one or two replies; all negative. I know for a fact that composer Noriyuki Iwadare (of Lunar and Grandia fame) knows Takenouchi personally, since Iwadare once blogged about attending Takenouchi's wedding. Iwadare also praised Takenouchi's music style (such as his unusual time signatures) in that same post. I sent two emails to Iwadare (several months apart) but got no responses. I imagine Iwadare is bombarded with emails though, so my messages probably got ignored.

My best guess about Takenouchi is that he's probably doing some behind the scenes work such as writing music for commercials or producing music, where he is no longer in the public eye, hence the difficulty in finding him.

Edit: I don't remember if I contacted Shinji Hosoe (again, I tried contacting other composers 5-6 years ago) but after checking out his website, it seems he would be a reasonable person to ask about Takenouchi. Hosoe has a blog and is on twitter, so contacting him will probably be pretty easy. Once I get a hold of my Japanese-translation guy, I may try contacting Hosoe.

Last edited by MEATWART; Aug 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM.