View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:48 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I thought it'd be nice to mention that a review for this album was posted over at SEMO.

However, I also have to add that there are a couple of mistakes and (possibly) accidental omissions:

* "Second Movement: Chance Encounter" has an instrumental passage taken from "The Chosen People", from Griotte no Nemurihime; and a section after the sung version of the album's main melody is sung with a rearranged version of "Maidens of the Flower Festival", from Tindharia no Tane, in the background.

* There is an small section that used the main melody from Griotte in "Third Movement: Homecoming" right before the main melody from this album is sung.

* "Fourth Movement: Madness" makes use not only of the choruses from "Kingdom of Irregularities", as it also fuses them with rearranged versions of the main choruses from "The One Clinging to the Wings", both from Griotte no Nemurihime. This makes perfect sense due to that song being Forgeit's theme in Griotte's story, in which he ended being the main villain due to his fall into utter insanity. Also, the mix of songs at the end only uses fragments from the following songs from Griotte no Nemurihime: "The Chosen People", "Solitary Dream", "Crossing the Sky" and "Reversed Circle of Life", which signal the end of Forgeit's memories to take the narrative back to the point in which this album began, which was him dying right after the point that "Reversed Circle of Life" represents in Griotte's story.

* "Finale" has a passage taken directly from the beginning of "The Chosen People", and the end of the song also reuses Griotte's main theme.

* The album's story is not even mentioned.

Aside of these small nitpicks, the review is pretty good, and maybe it could convince others to give it a try (and looks like I'm not the only who either bursts into tears or gets on the verge of doing so upon hearing the last two minutes of "First Movement: Nightmare").

Last edited by aquagon; Jun 12, 2012 at 06:19 PM.