View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2017, 09:03 PM
Trusted Editor

Final notes from me:

Literal Shop usage -- Yeah, I agree somewhat. I'm going to leave it as is because most of them are ok. There are probably some that are somewhat redundant but because every shop in every Goemon game you physically enter a building and it is just that person selling services, I think it makes more sense. Like, a Fortune Teller Shop is probably redundant, we know a Fortune Teller sells fortune telling services, but given that it's their shop, only their shop, and the entire building is just for them, I think it emphasizes that. Open to whatever, though. I will leave for now and if people disagree they can edit.

2.49 -- don't see 兵衛 anywhere on that track, maybe got confused with another track?
3.33 -- corrected locally prior to CHz review. Left the "House" part out intentionally
3.63 -- probably a typo but it wasn't addressed in their corrections update so maybe not?
3.77 -- good catch. Going to leave it as Rabirabi though to maintain the correct pronunciation. Alternatives could be Bunnybunny Village or just generic Rabbit or Bunny Village
4.30 -- locally corrected before review
4.51 -- yes, really a period.
5.11 -- wasn't aware of the construction but ... and Others' seems okay to me. Could also maybe use stuff like "etc.", "and co.", "and friends", or "plus others".
5.13 -- good point
5.29 -- Appearance works.
5.48 -- nice catch. The Queen Bisumaru would definitely work. "Queen" might even be a play on "HMS" ("Her Majesty's Ship")
5.51 -- Could be a generic snowy mountain stage, there is one in another game (Disc 8 I think?).
5.64 -- Separately. This guy didn't have the playthrough up for 6th floor when I was checking: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31373056
8.01 -- Not sure what I was thinking, or if I was even thinking, given that it's 8 discs in -_-
9.06 -- I made a concious decision to keep this not Travel Agency since that was used in Disc 6 with actual kanji more closely related to a Travel Agency.
9.07, etc -- Very good catch on the backwards words. Should I try to maintain that in English? (Ice --> Eci; Desert --> Tresed). Liftski actually works so I am definitely using that, but it only works because it's a compound word. Will maintain backwardsness in English but this should be noted somewhere.
10.45 -- good catch!
10.50 -- also good catch
10.53 -- locally corrected before review