View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
For my reference, how do you want these done when when we're all said and done? Do you only want me adding/linking artists in the definitely category, or both definitely and likely? I assume that the maybe and stumped categories won't be added. For the album info section, do definitelys get converted to just the English name and the likelys get converted to kanji (english) and the maybes/stumpeds stay as just kanji? Or do you want definitelys and maybes converted to English and just maybes/stumped as kanji?
For the album notes, I personally would convert only the definitelys and leave the rest in kanji. As I mentioned earlier, though, I tend to be kind of strict, so if you feel the likely readings are solid enough, I wouldn't bat an eyelash if you were to add them too.

As for linking artists, I'd just link whatever you put in the notes: English for English and kanji for kanji. We don't really have a problem here with linking Japanese names if we don't know the reading. Even if the name's in error like I suspect a few are, if that's how it's printed, then it's worth preserving IMO (at least until the artist gets an artist entry with the proper name, where it can be added as a variation).

I suspect the maximum size of the performer field in the database will be a hindrance to your linking artists here, if you decide to gut it out. And maybe this album would be a good catalyst to implement that feature to collapse the artist fields on album pages. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Disc 2 scans.
Just one correction:

藤沢敏雄 -> 藤沢敏
Since 敏樹 can be read Toshiki, I'm now quite certain this is the cellist Toshiki Fujisawa already in the database. I see that he apparently worked on disc 3 too.