View Single Post
Old May 31, 2012, 07:50 PM
Trusted Editor

I think somebody sent him a few tracks of the main level themes, and he said none of them were his. From my research, the main S&K level themes are by Tatsuyuki Maeda, Tomonori Sawada, and Sachio Ogawa. Ironically, these three are also the hardest to contact for direct confirmation.

Howard seems to have only did the lil jingles unique to S&K, such as Title Screen, 1up, Invincibility, etc. All these were converted and arranged by Masaru Setsumaru. I once sent him (Setsu) the "Data Select" theme from Sonic 3, and he said he was not the composer, and didn't know who did, and then he sent me some Sonic Jam stuff that he did. Since he didn't send me any S3&K songs, I'm eliminating him as a composer. Although it was him and Masayuki Nagao who did all the Act 2 remixes.

I also contacted Bobby Brooks, Cirocco Jones, and Doug Grigsby. All three were reluctant to speak on it, and Cirocco told me that a lawsuit was going on or about to, regarding payments they never received. But we already know the songs they did, so this was just for info on the creative process, etc.

The most curious thing is the involvement of CUBE and OPUS. CUBE is said to have done 8 songs for Sonic on their website, if I remember right.. And Miyoko Takaoka has Sonic 3 listed on her Wiki page. hmmm...