View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2011, 01:08 AM

Default Castlevania (#4)

I'm currently structuring the per-product index of CV, but I never played a single CV in my life, so I need some aids from others. My main question is, of the rest of CV games, what're the ones we should give their own entries (hereinafter, Title), and what're the ones we should keep in the other entries (hereinafter, Release).

---Games I'm not sure how to do with--

Akumajo Dracula (MSX2) (aka Vampire Killer)
Title or Release. Looks like a port/cross-platform release of the first CV, but Wikipedia says the game system was different.

Akumajo Dracula (X68000)
Title or Release. Wikipedia says the X68000 version was basically a remake of the first CV. The problem is that Castlevania Chronicles was a remake of this game. Would everybody agree both X68000 and Chronicles are placed well within the first CV's entry?

---Games I'm more sure how to do with--

Akumajo Dracula (Arcade) (aka Haunted Castle)
Title

Dracula Densetsu (aka Castlevania: The Adventure)
Title

Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula-kun (aka Kid Dracula)
Title

Dracula Densetsu II (aka Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge)
Title

Akumajo Dracula XX (aka Castlevania: Dracula X, Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss)
Release of Rondo of Blood.

Akumajo Dracula: Dark Night Prelude (aka Castlevania Legends)
Title. Every site says the reading of the Japanese subtitle was, not Shikkoku taru Zensoukyoku, but Dark Night Prelude. I can't find a solid source, although I have little issue with using it. Wikipedia also says it's officially translated as evil's Castle Dracula: Dark Night Prelude.

Akumajo Dracula: Mokushiroku (aka Castlevania)
Title. I'd rather be concerned if the display title should be Castlevania 64. Even though it's not the official title, I think plain "Castlevania" will be confusing especially the album also includes tracks from the CV, on the condition that the literal translation shouldn't be used (Castlevania: Apocalypse).

Akumajo Nendaiki: Akumajo Dracula Castlevania Chronicle: Akumajo Dracula (aka Castlevania Chronicles)
Release of, ...see above.

Akumajo Dracula X Chronicle (aka Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles)
Release of Rondo of Blood.

Akumajo Dracula: The Medal
Title

Pachislot Akumajo Dracula
Title

Pachislot Akumajo Dracula II
Title

I would be missing several games, but we don't necessarily need to submit games with no album release (unless it's one of the main installments in the series). Also, the color coding here is based on the bottom of the page.

Last edited by Cedille; Apr 26, 2011 at 08:14 AM.