View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Well the album is correct since that's what the entry is supposed to be reflecting. Similarly a tracklist typo is still correct if that's what the album gives us. Typically either the obi or spines will give the most correct album title.
3. official sites, vendors, release lists, fan sites (etc) listing the album <- if no scan/physical album info is available. can often be considered "better than nothing" or "for the time being" since it may be; based on non-final info, merely of a descriptive nature (we see this on release lists a lot), not otherwise a reflection of 1 or 2.
Let me repeat what you've been ignoring: package design can be just as flawed. You even made a point of this yourself with track lists, if the error is corrected by the publisher (that is to say they officially make note of it) but not fixed on the packaging then the packaging is in error. I repeat, packaging is not flawless and it should not be treated as such. This is why I'm trying to advocate against total reliance on what is printed on the album. But, in this case it's not even an issue with that, it's just not printed on the front.