View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:19 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think the discussion is a bit cyclical because we disagree on many key elements. Again, I think Cedille summarize all I think about this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I agree we can handle this on a case by case basis, but I'm personally not a big fan of using 'Involvement' as the standard, because this kind of information is hard for us to get, and even if available, how to treat it is still very subjective. More importantly, I'm not a big fan of seeing one official release on the artist's main discography and the other official release on the featured on discography with Doujin albums, when both albums seemingly has no new composition from the composer anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Aren't those album titles in yellow? Besides, DX Orchestra is not an OST for Smash Bros. DX. It is a live orchestra performance, therefore it is an arrange album and not a primary soundtrack, meaning it is secondary compared to OSTs.
This album is yellow just because is a promo CD. I understand that you consider OSTs most important, but for me the arranged albums are just important as OSTs.

Quote:
Also, why does Final Fantasy get special treatment? The Black Mages is not an OST, nor is it particularly "canon" in terms of arrange soundtracks. The Black Mages are really just a tribute/officialized doujin band and nothing more.
MegaDriver would have essentially been SEGA's answer to that with just a few legal manuevers.
I didn't understand your point, because there is a obvious distinction between The Black Mages and MegaDriver or any other doujin band. And yes, the first Black Mages album is very important. Because of that, this album was chosen to be the tenth entry of the database.

Quote:
So how is outsourcing from a movie different from outsourcing from a game? It's all still outsourcing, with the works of others being showcased/featured by a group other than the original.
I know, but the difference is that movie soundtracks are not covered here.