View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:01 AM

Well, I've been following this (somewhat inactive yet rather interesting) thread for a while, but I've only recently just created an account, as there has been one sample in particular that I keep hearing which I have not been able to locate. It's a sort of bassy rumbling noise with a higher pitched whining on top. I've heard it in three locations so far:

One is in a Silent Hill 2 track, The Prison Basement. This is probably the best place to hear it. Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYqUDhmiu8
(On a side note, I am aware there is a Silent Hill samples thread on another forum, but I already asked there and got no response.)

The second is in the TV series Farscape in one of the first few episodes, although I cannot remember which one in particular. I just remember it being in a part where it was used as a background ambience sound loop on a spaceship.

The third and final time I heard it was in the first episode of Cowboy Bebop, at the parts where the guy takes the bloody eye drug and you see it from his perspective, red screen and all. From this, I can tell that the sample is likely to be from a library before or around 1998. Any ideas as to what sample this is?

Oh, and because I feel I may as well contribute myself, here's one sample I found for an earlier post some time ago:

EastWest Scoring Tools - 60_Dark 1a Str

This relates to a post on page 9 of this thread, the one by RavenWolf, sample 1. I've certainly heard this sample in many a documentary. I don't know if anyone found this already, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so I figured I might as well do so here.