View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
Instead of "Use the western convention of First Name followed by Surname." I would recommend "Use the western convention of Given Name followed by Family Name."
Done!

Quote:
What about Staff Notes? The textboxes to edit them are gone, but the notes are still showing up on albums. I know the staff notes are no longer needed due to the forum thread integration, but what should be done with the existing text?
I'll eventually dump them out somewhere so staff can work them into the discussion threads if needed.

Quote:
Can we have a page to explain all of the release types, classifications, and categories? I don't know what "Publications" are or some of the other things.
I'll probably write up some descriptions soon, but "publication" refers to any printed material such as magazines, books and comics. (There are numerous albums in the database that are "image" soundtracks for publications).

Quote:
"Publisher type" and "Distribution type" sound good, but "Classification" and "Category" sound a bit generic. Why not something like "Audio type" and "Product -or- Source type"?
How about "Content Type" and "Product Type"?