View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2010, 09:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The way the publisher field display works currently:

Publisher is mandatory for a link to show up. If you link only an imprint or a distributor (with no publisher) it won't show. (IIRC)

It's not mandatory to link an imprint-type organization as an imprint, you can still link them under a publisher role if it applies.

In all cases we should always try to match whatever is printed, the optimum configuration is something like "Leaf (imprint) / AQUAPLUS (publisher)" but if it's an enclosure CD with only the Leaf logo (and AQUAPLUS is not present anywhere), just link it as "Leaf (publisher)". Organization hierarchies change over time, so always double-check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
We currently treat Leaf as the publisher of the LFCD- albums, but their official site states those albums are indeed both published and distributed by Aquaplus. So I wonder it would be better to treat Leaf and Aquaplus as the imprint and the publisher, respectively, but I could be just wrong, as the Leaf/Aquaplus thing was already mentioned in the OP.(
In this case, yeah, Leaf is the imprint and AQUAPLUS is the publisher. There's a section of the Leaf catalogue that doesn't fall under F.I.X. Records, I think.