View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2017, 06:18 AM
Trusted Editor

I haven't made any progress, locally or otherwise, because it will require me to sit at my PC for 4+ hours to go through all the changes and match them up between what I proposed, what CHz proposed, and what I had locally changed but forgot to update in the thread (as some of the issues he pointed out are already fixed in my local updates).

I also won't have the time this week, or this weekend, because I'm preparing for a cutover/go-live for work where I'll be working 10-12 hour shifts the entire weekend to support it, which is the second of two that I've had in the last month and a half, which is also why I just haven't had much time.

All of the information is here, save for maybe some slightly out-of-date changes I have made locally but didn't update my post with. I assume you are just wanting to rip and/or tag your own files, and the information provided here is enough to do that. It just isn't a one-click freedb query yet.

I don't think the work I've done here or on any other entry is different from anything else, I just take the time to understand a series (for box sets), do radical lookup for things like composers, do my best with translation of a language I'm not fluent in, and ask for help from more fluent/more experienced people to proof my work. And then tie it all together in the end for a meaningful entry. All of that takes time, which is time I unfortunately haven't had of late.