View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
* Which fields would you like to choose from?
Everything from catalog number to list of performers (middle/top of page), category to platforms represented (right side of page), covers, related albums, tracklist, and notes section.

Quote:
* Would there be any significant benefit of including tracklists in the export?
* Would there be any significant benefit of including cover art in the export?
I'd like to see a "basic" export feature, most likely in CSV format with just a few fields. Something like this..

(albumtitle),(catalognumber),(releasedate),(price) in whatever order the user chooses.

Then in addition to the basic export, I'd love an advanced export too. This is where all the info comes in, album art, tracklist, everything. I'd imagine it would need to export as an HTML file? And for large bits of info like albums with a huge list of artists (hi FFXIII) or lots of notes (hello again FFXIII), make some kind of "show more details" button that makes the extended info show, rather than have everything show up on the page by default, which would initially look way too cluttered. I'd say the album art (the default/front cover only) needs to be displayed from the start though, since that's a very attractive thing to look at and really catches the eye when browsing someone's collection.

Quote:
* If cover art is included, which pieces/sizes should be included?
For my advanced export above, I would say just the front cover is shown by default in it's small size (the one that shows on the main album page). Then maybe provide links to all the artwork, including the front again, in full size under my proposed "show more details" option.

Here's a mock-up of what I mean. Obviously the colors, fonts, etc. are all customizable during the export process. Clicking the "Show..." links would ideally expand the table vertically to reveal whatever information the person wants to see.