View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Disc 2!

Definitely: Shuichi Murakami, Takao Naoi, Naomi Kawahara, Nagahisa Kasamatsu, Kunitoshi Shinohara, Akira Uchida, Yasuko Seki, Yukio Kaneda, Hiromichi Nakase, Junji Suganuma, Hiroshi Yasukawa, Kentaro Haneda, Katsuyoshi Kurosawa (黒沢勝義), Masayuki Yamashiro, Takeru Shiraiso, Yasukazu Amemiya (already in the DB), Toshihiko Sakai, Gensei Nakayama, Yasutaka Watanabe, Yoichiro Kobayashi, Shigeo Fujimaki, Mitsuo Otsu* (bumped up from likely), Kyoichi Watanabe

Likely: Takuo Shimura, Keiko Abe, Tadashi Setogawa, Masao Kawabata, Toshiyuki Koumon, Akira Tabuchi (田淵章), Takeo Sugano, Michikatsu Shinohara, Tatsuo Kuriaki, Kensei Tomeda, Ko Hirai, Yoshiaki Nakatsuka, Akiyoshi Kudo, Tsunehiko Niwa, Satoshi Idoji (伊堂寺仁), Kinji Tatebe, Masuo Niino, Michio Setogawa, Takemasa Matsumoto, Yonosuke Segami, Junko Nobata, Atsushi Sugahara, Yoshitaka Enomoto, Akira Fukushima, Setsuo Fujiwara, Hidehiko Sugawara, Akira Watanabe, Akio Seki

Maybe: Minoru Kuribayashi, Taizo Nakajima, Toshiki Fujisawa (藤沢敏雄)

Stumped: 吉永洋, 奏中司郎, 田中一郎, 角田智寿子, 古谷万一, 今岡宏, 鈴木良雄, 兼氏康雄, 関斉, 矢島三雄

栗原稔: 栗原 would usually be Kurihara (or Kuribara), and there is a bassist Minoru Kurihara with that name. However, given there's a Minoru Kuribayashi that appears later, your theory that there's an error here sounds plausible.

Naomi Kawahara: I couldn't find anything definitive for the name, but it does seem 直美 is more prevalant than 直実. I also saw a few hits for ナオミ・カワハラ in katakana.

奏中司郎: Tried some variations and got several clarinet hits on 中司. I think the likeliest reading of this would be Shirou (or Jirou) Tainaka.

Taizo Nakajima: "flh" does seem to be flugelhorn, yeah. It is a similar instrument to the trumpet. (Don't have any comments on the reading of this guy's name, sorry. :x)

Tadashi Setogawa: I noticed during disc 1, and I'm noticing again through these, that a number of the musicians here seemed to have been affiliated with the NHK Symphony Orchestra. I wonder how big a part they were in this "Symphonic Orchestra Yamato." (Again, no reading comment. :xx)

田淵章: Based on common performers on other albums, I would bet real life money that this is supposed to be Akira Tabuchi (田渕 彰).

古谷万一: I found a couple of hits on 古谷一 (Masakazu Furuya / Furutani?).

Junji Suganuma: Junzi Suganuma on this album: http://vgmdb.net/album/395.

鈴木良雄: Those links for Yoshio Suzuki are for a bassist, not a violist. I didn't have any luck finding a violist with that name.

藤沢敏雄: It seems there's a cellist Toshiki Fujisawa (藤沢俊樹) in the database. That one is a kind of a longshot.

伊堂寺仁: It is actually possible for the name 仁 to be read Satoshi (far more likely Hitoshi or Jin, but posssible nevertheless), so you're probably right.

兼氏康雄: There's a clarinetist Norio Kaneuji (兼氏雄) who would be my best guess. However, I don't think it's possible to read 康雄 as Norio, so that'd be a big error in the booklet.

黒沢勝義: This is surely the Katsuyoshi Kurosawa found on disc 5. It seems his name appears more commonly as 黒勝義.

Junko Nobata: It is possible to read 野畑 as Nobatake (畑 = hatake), but it does look like you're right and her name is Nobata. Here's an album she apparently cut? http://www.musicstack.com/item/203966341

Akira Fukushima: Don't have any additional sources, but in addition to the 福島明 on disc 1, maybe this is the 福島あきら who performed on a couple of Shining Force albums.

矢島三雄: Mitsuo Yajima? Found exactly one reference to this name: http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~phonom/pM-INWS-CD.htm.

Last edited by CHz; Mar 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM.