VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post

2. There are a variety of typos through this thing. My favorite is on Liner Notes 3 at the top, "CHILDREN OF MAMA." Yes, I suppose being a mama does necessitate having children...
ahaha, will you say my mom is Eve, Pat? (pj)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 05:31 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Haha, as far as typos go, Children of Mama is pretty appropriate. Funny thing though, this is the first box set I've considered buying and it's kind of because of Children of Mana. I swear that the original release of that soundtrack is a myth and cannot actually be found anywhere on the planet. And I suppose owning all the rest of them is a pretty good deal too, since I don't own any of them (Okay obviously, I wouldn't buy the whole box for Children of Mana but I've really wanted that soundtrack and I'm realizing this box is literally the only way I will ever acquire it.)

Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with Play-Asia and will probably not order them again. Also, epic scans! I really wish everyone would contribute scans, even for a single album. It would help improve the database so much.
Children of Mana was an iTunes only release before now...and even then it might have been iTunes Japan-language only? I don't know, I never bothered hunting it down before. Happy to have it in physical format now.

Nitro, I'll probably do the tracklist today. No worries.

Eve -- you're my mom and my dad.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:21 AM
Trusted Editor

I was wondering if they just took the encoding from the iTunes release and transferred them to the discs? Or is this release now free of compression artifacts?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Good question. I don't have the iTunes tracks to compare them to, aaand at present I just reached disc 12 (Legend of Mana disc 1) so I haven't even heard it yet.

Nonstop listening-fest, GO!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:17 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I've listed the DVD as "Disc 20" even though it's technically "Disc 00." It has 3 chapters, so I listed them accordingly with track times.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:29 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Good question. I don't have the iTunes tracks to compare them to, aaand at present I just reached disc 12 (Legend of Mana disc 1) so I haven't even heard it yet.
Plus you won't hear it anyway.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Children of Mana was an iTunes only release before now
Feeling really stupid right now. All the more reason to want this box...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Plus you won't hear it anyway.
Well I could... technically.

I could put the disc in and compare a .wav of a song to an m4a from iTunes and check if it's a replica or if we're getting a better source.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 05:38 PM

It's easy enough to see if the CD is a lossy source anyway. No need to have the iTunes version to check.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:02 PM

What poor soul got that crunched corner box?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
What poor soul got that crunched corner box?
that'd be me.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:17 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I was wondering: Sachiko Miyano is the arranger of the new medley on the DVD. Should we credit her?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

She is currently listed for that. Probably worth noting in the notes section that she's only on the DVD, not any of the CDs.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Ah good, I didn't realise that. I've added her name to the notes though.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:08 AM

Holy crap! I didn't realize that the landscape illustrations were vertical! I never knew there was a bottom to the famous SD3 OST cover! Or a top to the SD4 OST cover! Just only wish there were versions without the text...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 06:52 AM
Trusted Editor

I read the earlier discussion about the album being titled "Seiken-Densetsu" on the webpage, but it's not labeled like that anywhere inside or outside the box. Can we remove that? I don't think webpage trumps the actual CD/box, right?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post

I know the music used for the "Game Select" menu (with a forest in the bg) in sd2 isn't on the sd2 osv

about this, I wondered if it's a tune or just a sort of sound effect
if any people could say?
because, till now, I was thinking it was a tune but since it's not on any album it's that it maybe is not a tune :/
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
about this, I wondered if it's a tune or just a sort of sound effect
if any people could say?
because, till now, I was thinking it was a tune but since it's not on any album it's that it maybe is not a tune :/
It isn't a sound effect. It's looped BGM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

A 3 sec loop though. It's missing some jingles too (I really miss the victory one. Way to go!).

SD3 lacks one of the later event songs (Phono said it before, throwing it here again because).
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I hope missing tracks will appear in this box like they did with missing tracks of saga frontier

and the music when you quit the mana sanctuary after the final boss and dialogues isn't on sd3 osv (spc collections available on the net haven't either :/)

actually, that track is named "reincarnation" in a gamerip

the known "reincarnation" track is labelled as "legend" in the very gamerip
but this one is before "fable" (I don't remember if it follows the order of events but I don't see why it won't)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro322 View Post
Note: Disc 11 includes two bonus tracks from the Breath of Mana bonus CD:
32 - Breath of Mana*
33 - Rising Sun (piano solo version)

*Although this is labeled as 'Breath of Mana' in the liner notes, it's actually 'Burning Spirits' from the Breath of Mana CD. This appears to be a pressing mistake, as 'Burning Spirits' is already included on disc 8 track 12. Best I can tell, tracks 0812 and 1123 are identical, and the actual 'Breath of Mana' track is nowhere to be found.
Thank you so much for posting that! I was considering getting this collection just for that track because the Breath of Mana promotional CD is read-only and I can't transfer the track to iTunes that way, but now I know this collection has an error and I wouldn't be able to get the "Breath of Mana" track from it anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:39 AM
VGMdb Advisor

disc 13, track 21

"Leading into Prosperity" -- where did we get this?

Here is the Japanese: 真紅なる竜帝

And as we find it on the Legend of Mana OST listing...

https://vgmdb.net/album/77
"The Crimson Dragon Emperor"

I tried looking on iTunes to see if there's an LoM listing on iTunes with an "official" Square Enix tracklist that has nothing to do with Crimson Dragon Emperor. No dice.

So ... where'd this come from? I want to edit this, but I wanted to give a quick sanity check to the group before I make the change.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Okay. I found the problem. It was my own website. RPGFan's LoM listing had "Leading Into Prosperity" dating back almost 20 years. That's probably how I got it copied in. This is my bad. Time to fix!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:11 PM
Trusted Editor

It's the boss battle theme for ... wait for it ... The Crimson Dragon ... . A perfect example of a bad translations/mistake permeating through the small community of vgm :P
Old Feb 7, 2018, 01:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
It's the boss battle theme for ... wait for it ... The Crimson Dragon ... . A perfect example of a bad translations/mistake permeating through the small community of vgm :P
Indeed. I suspect I pulled it from GMR or Chudah's Corner when I did the review on RPGFan. I remember fighting Crimson Dragon from the game. What a weird mistranslation. I've edited it now everywhere I can.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph
I know the music used for the "Game Select" menu (with a forest in the bg) in sd2 isn't on the sd2 osv
they put it on sd2 secret of mana original shittrack (cd3 tr15)
Old Apr 8, 2022, 05:09 PM

Hello. Anyone know if the interview or documentary on the DVD were ever translated? Subtitles would be ideal, but even an English transcript would be nice. Haven't had any luck finding it so guessing the answer is no, but thought I'd ask here just in case I missed something.

Last edited by nitro322; Apr 9, 2022 at 06:04 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro322 View Post
Note: Disc 11 includes two bonus tracks from the Breath of Mana bonus CD:
32 - Breath of Mana*
33 - Rising Sun (piano solo version)

*Although this is labeled as 'Breath of Mana' in the liner notes, it's actually 'Burning Spirits' from the Breath of Mana CD. This appears to be a pressing mistake, as 'Burning Spirits' is already included on disc 8 track 12. Best I can tell, tracks 0812 and 1123 are identical, and the actual 'Breath of Mana' track is nowhere to be found.
This is fixed in the copy I just got, the inner ring matrix has code SQEX-10260A (none of the other discs have the A), it has the titular track from Breath of Mana (track 1).

Suruga-ya lists these separately, 未修正版 ("uncensored" or "uncorrected" version) and 修正版 ("modified" or "revised" version), with this note on the first:

Quote:
※こちらの商品は、公式不備によりDISK11のトラック32音声不良がございます。
by Google Translate:
Quote:
This product has an audio defect in track 32 of DISK 11 due to an official error.
I don't notice anything besides the A indicating the revision, even the printed serial number on the affected disc is the same.

Last edited by hcs; Nov 21, 2023 at 11:03 PM.