VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 27, 2016, 01:02 PM

Just an odd question, is anyone else planning on purchasing this? I'm not very big on TV/movie scores but I thought this might be an interesting addition to my CD collection. I liked what I heard during these episodes enough to give it a try.

The only other non-VGM scores I have are for 1996's Twister and 1986's Short Circuit. Short Circuit is pretty limited at 2000 copies.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 01:22 PM
VGMdb Staff

I'm also considering it, even more intriguing (to me) that La-La Land was involved in this since 2008 and finally got a green light.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
even more intriguing (to me) that La-La Land was involved in this since 2008 and finally got a green light.
Wow. That's a long time in the making.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 04:32 PM

I picked this up as well, along with LLL's release of The Pagemaster by James Horner, as it's on sale for $10 right now (along with Titan A.E. by Graeme Revell and Wizards by Andrew Belling). Not sure that I'm going to receive it in timely fashion however, with Canada Post about to face an impending lockout.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 05:40 PM

I uploaded scans of the booklet. If anyone one wants to expand the track listing (see the last pages of the booklet) the individual names of the pieces within the pieces are listed.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 07:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Just for reference, the album notes credit the lyricists for any tracks that originally contained vocals. This is a purely instrumental album, however, so that's why they've been excluded from the lyricist field.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:33 PM

This is a fine album indeed. I think the work was magnificent, and in terms of having put a magnificent album, it paid off. However.. sadly, although the album clearly says "Movement I" I don't see any sequel happening. Doesn't seem as this has been a huge seller..

However, I myself can't wait to get it in my collection..
Old Jan 19, 2017, 03:32 PM

As noted above this album was in production for eight years before it finally materialized. I can't imagine they won't do a Volume 2 but it would take a hell of a lot longer than six months to put together. (I believe La-La Land is also working on other Fox Animation titles such as Futurama, and possibly a Simpsons score album)
Old Jan 20, 2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn555 View Post
As noted above this album was in production for eight years before it finally materialized. I can't imagine they won't do a Volume 2 but it would take a hell of a lot longer than six months to put together. (I believe La-La Land is also working on other Fox Animation titles such as Futurama, and possibly a Simpsons score album)
I would rather have WB 90s animation albums (other than Batman) like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, etc.