VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 21, 2017, 09:51 PM

Here's Yuzo Koshiro's own liner notes for Super Adventure Island. Anyone dare to translate?

ベアナックルに続くハウスミュージック第2弾

今回のコンセプトは、サンプリングバッファの少ないスーパーファミコンの音源を使って、「いかに限りなクリ アで心地のよいグルーヴを作り出すか」ということでした。サンプリングできる容量が少いといってもスーパー ファミコンは8和音まで(内、BGMは7声)まで出せるわけですから、音源の特性を生かし、工夫すれば一般 の音楽にひけをとらないものができるとおもって取り組みました。その成果をこのアルバムでじっくり堪能して ください。
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:24 AM

Here's a quick attempt:

A follow-up volume to Bare Knuckle's house music

The concept for this project was to use the small sampling buffer of the Super Famicom sound chip to try to produce clear, feel-good grooves, however limited they might sound. Even though its available sampling memory was scarce, the Super Famicom could still play back 8 channels simultaneously, and I believed that, by exploiting the unique characteristics of the sound chip, and using a little bit of trickery, I could create something that could stand up to the quality of normal popular music. This album is the fruit of that effort, so I hope you take your time and enjoy it.