VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:45 AM

I realize this is kind of a long shot, but can anyone point me to a gameography for soundTeMP that includes pre-Ragnarok Online works? Apparently, they were responsible for the arrangements and new music in Ys II Special (that Korean DOS version of Ys II made by Mantra). It has adlib music, and I've been slowly recording .dro files from it with the intent of making a full mp3 conversion later.

While looking at the Ancient Land of Ys topic on the game to see what I should do next (seems I ran into one of the many DOSBox-inflicted bugs, which ended up eating a Roda Nut I need ;_, I saw that the link to an mp3 rip of the game was working again (well, the site it linked to was back up, at least). I downloaded the rip, and although it's missing a few tracks I've grabbed so far like Termination (which actually plays during the first boss battle), and the tracks only loop through once, some of the stuff I'm hearing here a really amazing. If SoundTeMP was responsible for this stuff, I really have to find any other Adlib scores they may have made.

here's one of my absolute favorite tracks from the rip. I think it's an arrangement of "Don't Go So Smoothly!", judging by the filename, but it's pretty drastically different from the other versions of the song I've heard:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/...201/98dont.mp3
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:10 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

soundTeMP is pure awesome! I didn't know about their earlier works, most sites seem to only make mention of their work on Ragnarok and Granado Espada.

Ah, good old Midi, I haven't written music in Midi for a long time. Anyway, I like the track, it's vaguely familiar with something you'd hear on Megaman, in my opinion anyway.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:04 PM

Removed Jee-Hoon Park as a member. In an upcoming OSV interview with him (JIMMie), he confirms that he was never a member.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:42 PM

Just as I thought, since you also uncovered the fact that nauts was never a member, didn't you? He was probably added due to his participation on TalesWeaver. As for the remaining members, I think all of them are confirmed members, apart from Chan-Suk Kim, who again was probably added because of his association with ESTi, post-Ragnarok.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 09:27 PM

Yeah, that's right. Although I think Sevin Kwak may in fact be Dong-Il Kwak. I emailed him to ask if that's indeed his name. I thought I had figured this out before (I have discussions on both Sevin and Dong-Il noting that they need to be merged), but I don't recall what proof I had. If that's the case, that effectively gets rid of one more "current" member.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:41 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Some members names that needs a check.. (?)
Source from a Korean buddy of mine, he does not talk well English but he helped me to find such informations and pictures for the Korean doujins.

Goo-Hee Kwon (could also be?) Gu-Hui Gwon
Dong-Il Kwak (could also be?) Dong-Il Gwak

Also, the following persons are part of the TeMP unit:
Gi-Seong Bak
Se-Yong Kim

The 4 members that worked on the game Ys II Special:
Gu-Hui Gwon, Dong-il Gwak, Gi-Seong Bak, Se-Yong Kim

Last edited by Myrkul; Mar 22, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:30 PM

Pretty sure soundTeMP is gone. Website is no longer there, and every time I ask ESTi, he says they're not active anymore and he has no idea what the founding members are up to.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
Pretty sure soundTeMP is gone. Website is no longer there, and every time I ask ESTi, he says they're not active anymore and he has no idea what the founding members are up to.

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=49060&vtype=pc

Interview on Oct 25, 2012.

Homepage is gone, but Recently work(as SoundTeMP) on 'TREE of SAVIOR'.

Member Line-up is quiet flexible.