VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 3, 2012, 07:32 PM

What tracks from the game are missing from this?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 06:52 PM

I don't think any are. If they are then it's cutscene music, not stage music. Though the short Organ piece is missing.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 06:17 AM

A friend of mine bought this thing last year. From Canada, and the seller apparently had no idea where it comes from. The seal is a nice y-fold or whatever they're called, pretty professional but no tearstrip. The front cover is a single sheet of paper (not a booklet). The tracklist appears to match the US Nintendo Power release.

It certainly looks like a fan production, but there's no way to confirm without seeing the disc itself. Could it be a promo/internal by the composer?

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Oct 22, 2022 at 06:21 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 06:32 AM

Bootleg, most likely. Courtesy of the lackluster design, the lack of an intercaps C in GameCube and the odd BDCD30 / BDCD36 (?) logo on the back.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 06:38 AM

Yeah I think so too, but I'll just never know until I see the disc. My friend's not too hot about opening it though, so a strong guess is all I can have. He's a big fan of this game (I think).
Old Oct 24, 2022, 07:25 AM

From what I've seen, when a seller says "no idea where it comes from" that's usually code for "I bootlegged this sh*t and made a pretty good buck off it by making you believe it's something rare, now scram before I get real offensive".

If it's any consolation to your friend, the album itself is great. It's one of these musical journey type albums that set out to tell the story of the game. It's probably Steve Henifin's best work. I just found out that he passed away in 2019, sad to hear.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 08:09 PM

Yeah though it's strange that he would make ONE copy for the lulz, and shrinkwrap it properly, and sell it for cheap. I'm still not 100% convinced it's a homemade copy, but I can't force my friend to open it
Old Apr 30, 2024, 12:43 PM

I have an official copy of this CD but those Dropbox links expired so can't verify whether the one your friend has is legit or not. I can say that my copy matches the images here exactly with no extra logos or other words (nothing that says "Gamecube" on mine).