VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 19, 2017, 02:43 PM

Default Looking for help

Hi all

So, I started seeing this girl who told me that she loves video game soundtracks. This is the first I've ever heard of it, and came to this forum to do some research, as I'd like to get her something for a xmas present (yes, yes I am trying hard to impress her).

However, I have realized that I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should be looking for, or even what is good, and wanted to ask the forum for help on this.

While I'm sure most things are all online these days, I am going to Japan in December (Tokyo area) and I don't know if this is an opportunity I should use to pick up something that she'd find special.

So, I thought I'd ask the forum for help. She seems to have been into this for some time, the only one she mentioned she liked was one from the 'witcher' game, and I'm not going to be able to see/catalog what she her collection is (I'm willing to take a gamble on getting her something that she may already have).

Can anyone suggest 1-2 albums that would be a probable hit? If there are stores in Tokyo that I should be going to in order to pick these up, I can work that into my trip.

If you'd like to take the discussion offline - feel free to email me.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 06:35 AM

The Witcher series is not from Japan, so that doesn't help much. Without knowing anything more (her preferred music genres would help) I guess a safe choice would be something like a Persona5 soundtrack (which are among the most sold video game soundtracks over there).