VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:30 AM

In his wikipedia entry, it mentions the solo album White Swan. It's not listed on here. Does anyone know anything on it?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 09:07 AM

In relation to this thread, I asked Atsushi Shirakawa (Tenmon) if he knew of a way to contact Masaru Nakajima. He said he doesn't know where he is or have a way to get in communication with him.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:50 AM

(I also asked Naoki Kaneda around the time of the last post and he has no idea what happened to him also.)

I haven't been giving too many updates lately, I've mostly been looking into some of the former JDK's members post-Falcom works for a project I am working to document and present the history of that mid 90's group of JDK composers, but I did get a small lead on Masaru Nakajima's current situation.

I've been poking and prodding all over the internet, trying the Wayback Machine, reaching out to people that worked with him, trying emails that bounced back, and looking into all the websites he left accounts on I could find, in an effort to get a hold of him and see if he would like like to talk about his time at Falcom and possibly reveal to us composer credits to all his games with Falcom just as Kaneda and Shirakawa have to me.

Previously, the last thing I had found on him was his Piapro account, which made it appear that he was getting into vocaloid and possibly becoming a producer. The last update he made was around the end of 2011. After that I had a few theories that he may have become a producer under an alias, retired from composing, or passed away quietly.

With the release of FMPSG Originals two years ago, I figured they probably contacted him about it for permissions, etc. I looked at the booklet where they list the artists and contact information but Takeo Project didn't have any. I tried contacting many members of FMPSG but got either no reply or they didn't know what happened to him.

Then finally a member named Wiz said that he had contacted Masaru Nakajima around the beginning of 2016 for permission to use his tracks. He pretty much told me Nakajima said he had retired from making FM sound sourced music based on what he remembers (keep in mind the translation was rough). So it's good to know he's still out there.

Last edited by Spirit_Chaser; Oct 5, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:37 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Chaser View Post
(I also asked Naoki Kaneda around the time of the last post and he has no idea what happened to him also.)

I haven't been giving too many updates lately, I've mostly been looking into some of the former JDK's members post-Falcom works for a project I am working to document and present the history of that mid 90's group of JDK composers, but I did get a small lead on Masaru Nakajima's current situation.

I've been poking and prodding all over the internet, trying the Wayback Machine, reaching out to people that worked with him, trying emails that bounced back, and looking into all the websites he left accounts on I could find, in an effort to get a hold of him and see if he would like like to talk about his time at Falcom and possibly reveal to us composer credits to all his games with Falcom just as Kaneda and Shirakawa have to me.

Previously, the last thing I had found on him was his Piapro account, which made it appear that he was getting into vocaloid and possibly becoming a producer. The last update he made was around the end of 2011. After that I had a few theories that he may have become a producer under an alias, retired from composing, or passed away quietly.

With the release of FMPSG Originals two years ago, I figured they probably contacted him about it for permissions, etc. I looked at the booklet where they list the artists and contact information but Takeo Project didn't have any. I tried contacting many members of FMPSG but got either no reply or they didn't know what happened to him.

Then finally a member named Wiz said that he had contacted Masaru Nakajima around the beginning of 2016 for permission to use his tracks. He pretty much told me Nakajima said he had retired from making FM sound sourced music based on what he remembers (keep in mind the translation was rough). So it's good to know he's still out there.
Did you ever end up getting any update ?