VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 10, 2016, 07:03 AM

Default BeForU and their music library

I fully understand BeForU has officially been disbanded since 2007 (almost ten years ago), but at least one question still remains in my mind: who owns their library outright?

There's been scattered talks within the music game community that avex owns their library/discography. Is this true? I'm old enough to remember when the now-dissolved record label, EMI, actually did help with DDR's releases outside Japan, especially when it was DDR's lion's share source of all the licensed songs, back in the days.

Tags
avex, beforu, ddr, emi, konami