VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:31 PM

Does she have an album on this database to be credited? (if not, it might be a bit premature, since this entry is almost empty). If she is a member of Nintendo's in-house team, perhaps we could complete the member list of that unit though.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Does she have an album on this database to be credited? (if not, it might be a bit premature, since this entry is almost empty).
It doesn't seem so. I don't think it's worth having an entry if there's nothing in the discography.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:23 PM

The same would go for Megumi Inoue then.

I don't know if Ito or Inoue are members of the Nintendo sound team. Though Fossil Fighters co-composer Shiiba is a Nintendo employee, the game itself was developed in cooperation with Artdink, so it's possible Ito and Inoue are either members of that sound staff or are freelance.

However, consider this: if Koji Kondo, for some reason, were never to have his music featured on an album--official or otherwise--would we exclude him from the database?

I'd really like to see an extra section on the artist pages where non-album credits can be stored. That way we could have a more complete works list per artist, as well as document artists that never had the fortune of composing for a game popular enough to receive an album release.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:45 PM

I asked about the artist<->product relationship in the IRC channel the other day since it's something I'd love to see as well. I know it's planned for the future, just a question of when.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:49 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think listing simply products for an artist's entry would be a great idea, too. But I don't see that happening anytime soon, I think. I think it's better if we made the entry "Free" for now.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Not weighing in on the important part of this discussion (), but since this is a thread for Asuka Ito:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I don't know if Ito or Inoue are members of the Nintendo sound team. Though Fossil Fighters co-composer Shiiba is a Nintendo employee, the game itself was developed in cooperation with Artdink, so it's possible Ito and Inoue are either members of that sound staff or are freelance.
I don't know about Megumi Inoue, but Ito is. Here's a Japanese interview with her on Nintendo's web site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/inter...09/05_ito.html.

Her name in Japanese is 伊藤 明日香, if you or anyone feels like researching her further. She appears to have also worked on Rhythm Heaven (arrangement with a bunch of people) and Tomodachi Connection (music with Daisuke Shiiba).
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:47 PM

I approved this entry, as we have some information on her and (hopefully) we will eventually see a new album which includes her works. Megumi Inoue has to be 井上萌.

Btw, Ito appears in this interview, but I suspect her actual responsibility for Tomodachi Collection is small.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:52 AM

whoa, i had no idea a piano book for Tomodachi Collection existed. no accompanying CD i guess?

interesting to see the credits :J previously i had thought Shiiba did all of it himself (it sounded that way.) i suspect her role was small, too.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:34 AM

Ito apparently has scored the new Pilotwings for 3DS.

http://www.squareenixmusic.com/music..._from=&ucat=2&
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:29 AM

So it seems like that she now has two albums on her discography!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:14 AM

OH WIN. nintendo delivers (for a change)! hope they don't half-ass the composition credits for tomodachi
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:56 AM

It seems like Asuka Ito left Nintendo in 2014 and is a film composer now. Here is her personal website with all the info: http://www.asukaito.com/
Old Sep 23, 2017, 06:10 AM

She update her site with some samples of her work at nintendo :
https://www.asukaito.com/others