VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:18 AM

I had made changes to the tracklist based on the english names on the back of the blu-ray itself, but if we want to keep with known track titles it doesn't really matter to me.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:57 AM

Is it just me not seeing something, or weren't there supposed to be mp3's of this album included on-disc? I have the disc here in my blu-ray drive but can't find anything.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 04:36 PM

this blu-ray did not include mp3's on disc, unlike their other releases.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
this blu-ray did not include mp3's on disc, unlike their other releases.
I figured as much. I just wanted to be sure... I wish I'd known that before I went and bought it.

I just wish they'd just go ahead and make a third Distant Worlds studio album. Even without all the FFXIV material from Before Meteor, they've got more than enough unreleased music to fill a disc, probably two at this point.

It's been ten years since that arrangement of Not Alone premiered in Tour de Japon, and still the only way to hear it is either live or on video. That trumpet lead in the second half is too beautiful to be confined like this.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 03:12 AM

Is it just my setup or does this disc break spec by not providing a legacy (ie. lossy) surround audio stream as an alternative to the PCM 5.1? I don't have an HDMI connection between PS3/4 and amp, so I rely on blu-rays having these fallback streams (and they usually do) but all I can get out of this disc is stereo.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 05:28 PM

Default New Link to Purchase this Blu-ray from the Square Enix Store (NA)

The Square Enix Store (NA) just about 2 months ago made this Blu-ray (Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY THE CELEBRATION, SQEX-20011) available for purchase on its website. It was not available there for quite some time.

I updated the link in the "Available at" box on the right side of the page for the store so people can buy it from there if they want it. I like the official Square Enix Store since the products are always genuine and you get those nice Square Enix Members points.

Here's the link: https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...antasy-blu-ray.

Last edited by VGMLover; Nov 16, 2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 03:51 AM

There are two minor variants of this BluRay mainly in the cover art:

SQEX-20011 on the spine: standard cover art.
TGXS-474 on the spine: the crystal on the front cover art is partially transparent and the colour is provided by the inside booklet. The text on both the front and back sides of the cover art can be seen inside the case (compared to the standard blank white of the SQEX-20011).

Also, the cover of the TGSX-474 booklet (front and back) seems to have some kind of different material that makes it more shinier than the SQEX-20011 booklet.

If we want to be extra anal then the TGXS-474 variant seems to have a bolder/darker font type on the text on the back of the case.