VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 15, 2013, 04:48 AM

Default Eschatology [MurkyouP]

Hi,

A few days ago, I submitted a new album 'Eschatology', a self-published album by composer MuryokuP. However, the album was rejected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija
Hello.

One of your recent album submissions has been rejected.

Type: new album
Link: (album deleted)

Reason: No game/animation tracks, no notable artists.

If you feel the rejection is in error, please post further information or evidence in the VGM Discussion Forum.
I feel that the rejection was in error as MuryokuP (http://vgmdb.net/artist/13459) has indeed contributed to several doujin albums as well as commercial anime releases.

Last edited by coroquetz; May 15, 2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old May 15, 2013, 05:08 AM
VGMdb Staff

You have 1-2 anime songs, 3-4 fan arranged touhou songs and one song on a commercial game album. That isn't a notable artist. As I said in my earlier discussion with roxfan (Vocatrio album), to add completely original works album for artists such as MuryokuP is very questionable and I'm more strict about these original albums which have no game/animation connection.
Old May 15, 2013, 06:10 AM

Ok, I understand.

It might help if there were explicit guidelines on what constitutes a 'notable' artist, though. That might help avoid bad submissions.
Old May 15, 2013, 06:44 AM
VGMdb Staff

Well, let's see... for instance nobody would ever say a word if you submit an album that is in no way related to any game/animation but it happened to have a single track (which is also not related to game/animation) by Nobuo Uematsu... and rest of the tracks can be done by the people you never even heard of. That entry would stay. Because Uematsu is a major vgm artist. It would also stay if it was from major animation artist. That is the case when we'll accept ANYTHING. When you leave the 'major' level every other original works album is questionable so depending on the artist involved, album can be kept or not. I remember TheTwinsCompositions & their original works albums activated the radar right away (radar aka Myrkul ). And it was a correct thing to do. If the vgmdb relevance (of an original works album) is on a such a low level at the moment of submission, it is likely to be rejected. This isn't a general type database like Discogs. Users should be more careful when they submit things. You can take a look at the discussion I mentioned here (so I don't repeat myself too much).
Old May 15, 2013, 11:01 AM
Trusted Editor

If you're not sure if the artist is notable, then it probably isn't. Simple as that

Last edited by LiquidAcid; May 16, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:33 PM

Sorry to necro this, but MuryokuP is definitely quite notable now, with tons of albums he has contributed in on his page http://vgmdb.net/artist/13459. Other artists with far less notability (and general irrelevance to gaming/animation) have had albums featured on vgmdb. At this point, wouldn't it be fair to reconsider OP's request and have this album on the website?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 02:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suikaMUSIC View Post
MuryokuP is definitely quite notable now, with tons of albums he has contributed in on his page http://vgmdb.net/artist/13459.
He has written vocal tracks (compose, arrange, and/or lyrics) for a couple more franchises, which are spread out among a variety of singles and compilation albums. All told, I don't think his collection of game/anime music, put in one space, would run more than an hour or two. Also, show of hands for anyone who recognizes the name "MuryokuP" or "Powerless" without having first been interested in Monster Musume or Gunslinger Stratos (also obscure franchises)?

I defer to LiquidAcid's point: If you're not sure if the artist is notable, they're probably not.

Quote:
Other artists with far less notability (and general irrelevance to gaming/animation) have had albums featured on vgmdb. At this point, wouldn't it be fair to reconsider OP's request and have this album on the website?
Name one. Seriously. Name a full "Original Work" album listed on this site with a composer who has less notoriety or visibility in the world of game/anime music than MuryokuP. Because, if such an original work album is listed here, we probably need to pull it down.