VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:25 AM

From the Diablo Wiki:
Quote:
On April 27, 2005, a musician from the Czech Republic mailed fansite Diabloii.net to report that he'd recently been involved in a recording session for the Diablo III music. [16]

I am musician in Czech Republic. I play not with one orchestra but with many depending on work. I have recently been to Bratislava in Slovak Republic for recording sessions with local Radio Symphony Orchestra, where we just recorded music for Diablo 3.

I did not find the people from Blizzard in the studio, but composer (Uleman?) was there and conductor was named Kirk Trevor, I think he is from England but he conducts in Bratislava much and also in some other cities in Czech Republic like Zlin.

The music is again, like in Diablo 2 expansion, very much based on Wagner. In Diablo 2 expansion there are many plases in Act 5 that take directly from Wagners opera "Tristan and Isolde". This time for Diablo 3 there was music similar to Wagner operas "Lohengrin" and also "Siegfried" from Ring cycle. But this is not so bad that he takes from these things, almost all movie composers borow Wagner music, like Williams for Star Wars and others like Nino Rota who made music for Fellini's films.

So now when Diablo 3 is finished I must buy, maybe I will hear all my mistakes (I play percussion instruments).

This news could not be confirmed at the time, but it was very believable. The musician signed his real name, he had a Czech email address, and some searching through the Diablo II credits revealed that the music for that game was recorded with the same symphony in the same location.

This rumor was confirmed more than five years later, when Matt Uelman gave an interview to Gamasutra [17] and talked about attending various Diablo 3 recording sessions with the Bratislava symphony in the Czech Republic. It's not known what became of that music, though it may have been used in other Blizzard games (such as World of Warcraft). Matt Uelmen was credited for contributing to the score of World of Warcraft and its first expansion.
/Diablo_3_History#Timeline
http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_3_H...ck_Recorded.3F

Supposing it happened, will we ever hear the Uelmen-composed and SRSO-recorded music for the original version of Diablo 3?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 06:34 PM

This ended up on the Diablo compilation album released by Blizzard.