VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 27, 2017, 05:25 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoMysterio View Post
One is in a Silent Hill 2 track, The Prison Basement. This is probably the best place to hear it. Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYqUDhmiu8
The sample is actually quite short. I've extracted the raw sample from SH2, and it's only 2.240 seconds long. Akira Yamaoka is known to cut a lot of longer samples in totally unpredictable/unexpected places, too. If I had to guess, I'd say it's in Things That Go Bump In The Night 1/2. We may have already found it on Silent Hill Heaven at some point even. But people do not use consistent titles, so it's hard to find what you're looking for.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
The sample is actually quite short. I've extracted the raw sample from SH2, and it's only 2.240 seconds long. Akira Yamaoka is known to cut a lot of longer samples in totally unpredictable/unexpected places, too. If I had to guess, I'd say it's in Things That Go Bump In The Night 1/2. We may have already found it on Silent Hill Heaven at some point even. But people do not use consistent titles, so it's hard to find what you're looking for.
Found it. I noticed that the same Cowboy Bebop episode had some Sounds Ideas sci-fi sound effects in it, so I looked through Series 8000:

Sounds Ideas Series 8000 - Disc 2 - Track 15 (Low Steady Rumble)

Good to know that Yamaoka uses Sounds Ideas stuff anyway. Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:30 AM
VGMdb Staff

Wow, that's nice. Thanks for sharing your find.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's nice. Thanks for sharing your find.
No problem. I do have one more potentially irritating question though, as I do love to ask those...

Do you happen to know where I could find a copy of Big Fish Audio's Wall of Vinyl Volume 1? I've got volume 2 and 3, but I can't find volume 1, not on eBay nor anywhere else, it's a real pain. This is especially annoying as Big Fish Audio took it off their site a while ago, same for a bunch of other libraries, like Alien Guitars 1 and Infinite Sound: Ambient Atmospheres. I actually asked them about it, something to do with them not selling physical CD's anymore. I mean, why they couldn't just convert the CDDA files to wav or AiFF or something and sell a downloadable copy instead is beyond me, but whatever.

I'm just ranting now, so back on topic, know of any sellers of Wall of Vinyl 1 or something? Same for Alien Guitars 1 and Infinite Sound: Ambient Atmospheres, actually, those'd be good for my collection.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:06 PM
VGMdb Staff

Ah, Wall of Vinyl 1. Yeah, I'm looking for that as well and unfortunately I don't know any place that has it. A copy popped up on Yahoo! Japan about a year ago. It disappeared, but I don't think anyone actually bought it, and I haven't seen it relisted. It was listed at 10,000 JPY, too, so pretty expensive unfortunately.

I have a rip of Alien Guitars, but I don't know of any place to buy it I'm afraid. Ambient Atmosphere is a whole other story. I've never seen it listed anywhere, and all the rips that exist are alleged to be fakes. So it's a weird one, really.

EDIT: I managed to track down the username of the guy who was selling Wall of Vinyl 1. If you're determined, I could probably have someone send them a message and ask if they still have the CD. I'm willing to split the cost with you.

Last edited by Nisto; Sep 29, 2017 at 03:25 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Ah, Wall of Vinyl 1. Yeah, I'm looking for that as well and unfortunately I don't know any place that has it. A copy popped up on Yahoo! Japan about a year ago. It disappeared, but I don't think anyone actually bought it, and I haven't seen it relisted. It was listed at 10,000 JPY, too, so pretty expensive unfortunately.

I have a rip of Alien Guitars, but I don't know of any place to buy it I'm afraid. Ambient Atmosphere is a whole other story. I've never seen it listed anywhere, and all the rips that exist are alleged to be fakes. So it's a weird one, really.

EDIT: I managed to track down the username of the guy who was selling Wall of Vinyl 1. If you're determined, I could probably have someone send them a message and ask if they still have the CD. I'm willing to split the cost with you.
Eh, rip or purchase, I'm not bothered, as long as I have the library. Shame about Infinite Sound though, did see some rips but I can confirm they were all fake.

Well I can't say I'm determined, but I am willing to help you with buying WOV 1. Not sure how it'll work, considering I live in a completely different time-zone to you and all that, paypal or something? But yeah, it'd be excellent if we could get that library, as it is quite an elusive one.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 04:21 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoMysterio View Post
Not sure how it'll work, considering I live in a completely different time-zone to you and all that, paypal or something?
How do you know? Where are you located? And yeah, PayPal would be fine. But honestly, I don't really collect library discs, so I'd probably send you a half. Let's take this in a PM?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
How do you know? Where are you located? And yeah, PayPal would be fine. But honestly, I don't really collect library discs, so I'd probably send you a half. Let's take this in a PM?
Yeah, PMs are probably best for this, sending first one soon.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:45 PM
VGMdb Staff

Metal Gear Solid
  • "Danger There" from "East West: Scoring Tools" was used in 02 "INTRODUCTION"

Shenmue
  • "Movin' B" from "AMG: Black II Black" was used in 2.13 "Hip de Hop"
  • "Booty Scrt" from "AMG: Black II Black 3" was used in 2.13 "Hip de Hop"
  • "Scratch it!" from "AMG: Black II Black 3" was used in 2.13 "Hip de Hop"

Tempest 2000
  • "Play it!" from "AMG: Coldcut's Kleptomania" was used in 02 "Mind's Eye"

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • "Wild Call" from "AMG: Karma Chopra" was used in 01 "Crossing Materials@Jointing Kit featuring 陸羽田植歌"

Last edited by Nisto; Oct 15, 2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:01 AM
VGMdb Staff

So, I happened to be listening to Passion/Sanctuary by Hikaru Utada (opening theme for Kingdom Hearts II) in reverse, and heard something familiar around the 4:05 mark. It really feels like I've heard it before, but the closest I've found yet is the "Wolf at Vespers" sample from Pandora's Toolbox (by Q Up Arts / Sonic Foundry). I'm not at all convinced that's the sample, but it sure seems like it could be a sample, maybe even by the same library producer (David Torn).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyeA4sAnGrs&t=4m05s

https://instaud.io/1sD7

If anyone happens to recognize it as well, please share!