VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Product (Anime) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:02 PM

Default dates in products page

I think dates for anime products should only be month, year
you could ask why?

the reason is when an anime starts broadcasting (for the first time) it's generally not broadcast on one channel but on several channels

so, of course, in a certain way, the first date to put will be logically the one of the first airing
but since there are several airing dates per anime broadcast (it usually starts at the beginning of a month), I think it could be better (or fairer) to avoid one date over all other ones, no?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:03 PM

The point of specifying only month is to obscure the date, but what to do with the anime which airs via two channels, from Dec 31th 2010 on one network, and from Jan 1st 2011 on the other? (I know this is give an extreme case, but I'd not be surprised if there has ever existed such). Also, games can be released in the same way (e.g. the CE version of FFXIV was a weak faster). The earliest date may be far from perfect, the date of the local network airing over that of a broader network doesn't look good to me.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:34 PM

"from Dec 31th 2010 on one network, and from Jan 1st 2011 on the other?"

personally, it'd surprise me
from memory, I've never seen any anime starting at the end of a month for one network and at the beginning of the following month for another network (or I need examples if it's the case)
it's generally always in january/april/july/october respectively called winter/spring/summer/fall seasons (some animes can start before or after the start of an anime "season" tho but those animes can be exclusive to the broadcaster)

EDIT: actually, I could agree if airing dates for each network were added to the anime

Last edited by Phonograph; Dec 27, 2010 at 02:45 PM.