VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 26, 2017, 08:48 AM
VGMdb Staff

The program for this concert was:
Quote:
Part 1
1. Destati
2. Dearly Beloved
3. Traverse Town
4. Hand in Hand
5. Journey of KINGDOM HEARTS
6. Lazy Afternoons
7. The Other Promise
8. Another Side

Part 2
9. Gearing Up ~ Shipmeisters' Shanty ~ Blast Off!
10. Destiny's Union
11. The Unknown
12. Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion
13. The Power of Darkness
14. March Caprice for Piano & Orchestra

Encore
15. Dearly Beloved *Piano solo by Yoko Shimomura
16. Hikari
Arrangement by
Kaoru Wada (1,2,4,5,8,10~14)
Souhei Kano (3,6,7,9)

Some of the arrangements are based on the orchestra versions. "The Other Promise", for example, is a wind orchestra translation of Natsumi Kameoka's arrangement from the World Tour concert.
Old May 30, 2017, 02:48 AM

So I assume this is the retail version of the exclusive for tour album?
Old May 30, 2017, 02:59 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
So I assume this is the retail version of the exclusive for tour album?
Read nextday's post again.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 02:10 PM
Trusted Editor

Added credits. The performer isn't perfectly formatted because it's columnar format and I just didn't want to try and replicate it, but feel free if someone else wants to.

Danny Elfman is uncredited in the inserts but This Is Halloween is part of "Journey of Kingdom Hearts". Journey of KINGDOM HEARTS is where the rest of the non-Japanese credits come from (Winnie the Pooh = Sherman Brothers; Under the Sea = Menkin/Ashman)

Journey of KINGDOM HEARTS contains the following pieces of music (in order): Destiny Islands ~ Traverse Town ~ Welcome to Wonderland ~ Olympus Coliseum ~ Deep Jungle ~ Winnie the Pooh ~ A Day in Agrabah ~ A Very Small Wish ~ Under the Sea ~ This Is Halloween ~ Captain Hook's Pirate Ship ~ Hollow Bastion

The Power of Darkness contains (in order): Destiny's Force ~ The 13th Struggle ~ The Encounter ~ The Tumbling ~ Ice-hot Lobster* ~ Vector to the Heavens.

* Ice-hot Lobster is the Tsuyoshi Sekito credit
Old Aug 13, 2017, 02:24 PM
VGMdb Staff

This is just to note that Ashman was a lyricist. Assuming it's all instrumental, he shouldn't be even credited here.

Last edited by Efendija; Aug 13, 2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 02:31 PM
Trusted Editor

It's all instrumental, I removed the Managed Artists credits but I'll leave the credits in the album info since it's printed like that (albeit erroneously)
Old Aug 14, 2017, 08:54 AM

Not sure it's an error, might be legal stuff. I know from all kind of Star Trek-music-releases that they have to put the credits for the Original series-main theme to both Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry, because the latter decided to write (never used) lyrics for the theme so that he would get some money out of Courage's composition. Still, they always have to credit him too no matter what.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:27 AM
VGMdb Staff

Even so, it's fairly more usual (generally speaking) to have it as "written by", an umbrella term for both music and lyrics which also goes well for the legal side of things (royalties). "Music composers" is quite specific (that and omitting Elfman for some reason).

Ashman was always distinctively credited for lyrics on the official WDR OST releases and on KH OSTs as well... which is why this "music composers" wording is rather strange to me (although I see they did the same for the recent SQEX-10592).

All things considered, Square Enix albums aren't guaranteed to be error-free (and any album for that matter) so who knows.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 08:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Would it be OK to replace the currently abbreviated performer description in the notes? I think it would be more "user-friendly" in expanded form.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 08:38 AM
VGMdb Staff

I don't have a problem with that. I do it myself sometimes.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 09:04 AM
Trusted Editor

k, expanded all instrument names expect for 'Cort', where I'm unsure. If it's supposed to be another brass instrument, then the cornet, maybe?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, it's cornet: http://www.seas.or.jp/datafile/GData/inst.html
Old May 19, 2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
The Power of Darkness contains (in order): Destiny's Force ~ The 13th Struggle ~ The Encounter ~ The Tumbling ~ Ice-hot Lobster* ~ Vector to the Heavens.
Just listening to it right now, it's "Unforgettable", the second boss theme, not "The Tumbling" (I know, both are similar in style)