VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:19 AM

Default Why do Sound Horizon albums end so high in YJA?

Can anyone explain the allure of Sound Horizon and why their soundtracks prices are so disproportionately high on YJA? Their auctions always seem to get bids and mostly end at high prices.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 06:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I've noticed this too, and the best I can figure out is that there was a small print run and there are a lot of collectors who want them.

YJA is kind of funny though. There was this one seller who was trying to sell a copy of Princess Crown for a few hundred dollars. I swear that the same auction was on there for years, and the price never went down (in fact, I think it went up.)
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:56 AM

That may be the work of TenBuyers according to AkibaBlog (site's NSFW)
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:04 PM

Well, Princess Crown is a really tough one to find. I don't think I've seen anyone else sell that CD on YJA. On Amazon, there are four copies for sale, starting at 78,000 yen (though I think they're all sold by the same person). On Liberty's game CD list, this is the one album that hits 20,000 yen (though I don't know if that's the price they're willing to pay, or the standard price when they sell):

http://www.liberty-shop.co.jp/kaitori/gamecd.htm
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:29 AM

Are they the Limited Edition or the Standard Editions? If it's the former, it's usually because it is a limited run and the packaging is quite nice. The most recent album's, Moira, limited edition came in a nice embroidered packaging with a fantastic illustrated book filled with all the lyrics. That's my only guess. You can find the standard ones in stock at CDJapan or PlayAsia no problem for cheap too.