VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:10 PM

A sample of Sekito's "Skullpion" from Brave Fencer Musashi can be found on Yamanaka's blog.

http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/music...011/06/cd.html
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:22 PM

Not sure what games it will feature.

The logos on the official site are those of Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy IV, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Legend II, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X, Unlimited Saga, Final Fantasy XII, Dew Prism, Final Fantasy II, Brave Fencer Musashiden, Final Fantasy III, Einhänder, Project Sylpheed, and more.

The SE shop lists Xenogears too. It feel like a bit too much for a 1 CD album, but perhaps this time SQEX purses quantity, uses a medley, or counts every Final Fantasy that had the themes like Prelude and Chocobo.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 09:53 AM

I guess this means "Crisis," the best track from the preview CD is not on the final album? Same with "A Place to Call Home" from FFIX?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
I guess this means "Crisis," the best track from the preview CD is not on the final album? Same with "A Place to Call Home" from FFIX?
I read those two tracks didn't make the deadline, so they were dropped. But that they may be released as bonus tracks on a later release (another album).
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:11 AM
Trusted Editor

Loving the Chrono Trigger and Xenogears tracks. I usually avoid chiptune stuff, but this album is really kickin'
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:11 PM

I'm assuming that (S_S) is the one person in the SEXY-SYNTHESIZER unit (based on the SEXY-SYNTHESIZER alias field on their field) and the other is credited as the unit name. If so, I wonder why they chose to credit them both under the unit and its alias rather than all as SEXY-SYNTHESIZER.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:44 AM

I don't know. I'm just talking about possibility, but throughout SQUARE ENIX MUSIC presents SQ Party Level 1, only one person performed the remixes on this album as "Sexy-Synthesizer feat.(S_S)". So, as far as SQ Chips is concerned, it's possible both Sexy-Synthesizer and (S_S) represent only one of the two members, but for whatever reason (or even no reason) he wanted to use a group name as well as also occasionally use (S_S).

There is a related tweet from him.
Quote:
Btw, as you may know, (S_S) was my alias.
Lastly, we have another discussion thread on his identity, so I don't mind splitting and merging our posts.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:04 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Great to see Xenogears and Einhander getting some chiptune spotlight.