VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 30, 2017, 06:07 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Shame i can't find infos about the orchestra for that concert.

Originally planned to be performed by the Las Vegas Philharmonic Orchestra, it was performed by an "out-of-town" orchestra which i don't have any information.
Whole story here.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:46 AM

Skipping this one. Not a thing in this album that hasn't been covered way much better in other albums..
Old Aug 14, 2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
Skipping this one. Not a thing in this album that hasn't been covered way much better in other albums..
That's false. It contains some songs that aren't available officially anywhere else (only through lesser quality unofficial audience recordings), such as:
* Majora's Mask (Live)
* A Link Between Worlds (Live)
* Prelude - The Creation of Hyrule (Live)
* Movement I: Ocarina of Time (Live)
* Movement IV: Time of the Falling Rain (Live)
* Majora's Mask Medley (Live)
* Dragon Roost Island (Live)
* The Goddess' Lyric (Live)

This is an official Nintendo CD that doesn't seem to be available for sell in the US anywhere and nobody has ripped it yet. Can somebody provide a rip?

The iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon links have been taken down (at least for the US).

Here's a preview:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-le...n-mw0003080203
Old Aug 15, 2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGameScrapBook View Post
Can somebody provide a rip?
Not on this site, no. You shouldn't even ask.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:09 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Interesting.. so the album have been pulled back ?
This particular concert was a bad choice anyway.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGameScrapBook View Post
That's false. It contains some songs that aren't available officially anywhere else (only through lesser quality unofficial audience recordings)
I meant the music covered in the concert, not whatever was missing from it. I repeat, most of the music featured in it has been covered much better in other albums, including the recent 30th anniversary concert and CD in Japan. I've had a listen to this one's previews and doesn't really sound good to me at all.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
I meant the music covered in the concert, not whatever was missing from it. I repeat, most of the music featured in it has been covered much better in other albums, including the recent 30th anniversary concert and CD in Japan. I've had a listen to this one's previews and doesn't really sound good to me at all.
Okay, we can definitely have different opinions on the quality and what should be considered covered elsewhere. But just so everybody knows, more than half of the tracks are not on the 30th anniversary concert CD and the Skyward Sword bonus CD.

To my ears, these previews of tracks not shared with the 2 albums mentioned above are much better than the cell phone recordings elsewhere. If anybody managed to get this before it was pulled from distribution, you have something I think should be highly valued unless another direct soundboard recording ever surfaces again.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 09:50 PM
VGMdb Staff

It's certainly been pulled from all shops, even the most obscure ones removed it. Is it still available on streaming services? I don't have an account so I can't check.

I'm guessing there must have been some rights issue and that's why it was taken down?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 01:56 AM

I got this before it was pulled. The moronic audience randomly claps and hoots in the middle of pieces. My guess is that's why Nintendo killed it off. They have standards.

Philistine audiences, ugh.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 05:35 PM

I wish that I would have bought this digital album before it was pulled from distribution.

There still is no official recording of "Movement IV: Time of the Falling Rain" from the full symphony played during the worldwide concert tour of "The Symphony of the Goddesses."

Hearing the orchestrated version of 16-bit music is fun.

The new "The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 [Limited Edition]" looks great but doesn't have the full symphony.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 06:43 AM

Well, the album is still available to purchase on the Czech site supraphonline both in FLAC and MP3. I bought my copy there, it's one of the best sites when it comes classical music, especially from the Czech Republic.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 04:50 PM

Hey Mac_Tear, that sounds great that the album is available on that Czech website. Even better when the tracks are available as high-quality FLACs.

I like classical music along with VGM, so I'll have to check it out.

Since I don't know the Czech language, is there an English version of the site available? Or is there another way to use the site so I can buy the album?

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:18 AM

I don't know the Czech language either, only a few phrases, but it's pretty easy to navigate. I can show you later.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:32 PM

To anyone else who bought this album from Suraphonline.cz, does Track 8 - Movement II: The Wind Waker (Live) only last for 2:24 and then suddenly stop for you, too? I've tried downloading the track again, but same thing happens. I bought the MP3 version. Seems if you want FLAC as well, you need to buy it separately.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:08 PM

I had some issues with the MP3 files, too, but I bought FLAC, which includes both MP3 and FLAC files. And with the latter there are no problems at all.