VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:44 PM
Trusted Editor

Hmm, just wondering if the covers naming is messed up: Why is there a "Booklet 15", but all the booklet pages 5-14 are missing?

Is this a typo?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, it could be that pages are missing, or that it's just a typo on the booklet itself. These weren't my scans, and I don't own the album, but I went by the page number at the bottom of the booklet which is 15.

EDIT - That pages is also part of the scan "Insert Sketch", which contains the tail end of some sheet music, so it looks like we're missing the rest of that.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 07:03 AM

There is something very strange about this entry... it is a reprint of an original soundtrack, but classified as a drama. Yet when I go in to change it to original soundtrack, it is already selected as original soundtrack in the edit page, so I can't submit the change (because it tells me no changes were made).
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:33 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, it should be original soundtrack, but somehow was incorrect when first linked. You can fix it by editing the parent album, changing the classification to something else, then edit again to change it to Original Soundtrack, and they'll both match up.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:44 AM

Okay then, I'll remember that workaround.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
There is something very strange about this entry... it is a reprint of an original soundtrack, but classified as a drama.
It certainly sounds like a drama, due to all the talking and sound effects. I think it would be more appropriate to classify this as a soundtrack/drama.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 02:53 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
It certainly sounds like a drama, due to all the talking and sound effects. I think it would be more appropriate to classify this as a soundtrack/drama.
Hmm, so basically what they did for this CD was to record dialog for certain scenes in the game that would feature dialog in subsequent releases of the game (PC Engine, Mega CD, etc) (probably this was Kojima original intention, but he couldn't do it for the original PC-88 and MSX2 releases due to hardware limitations). The voice actors here are not the same ones who worked on the English language Mega CD version though, so they are exclusive to this release.

Personally I still wouldn't regard this as "drama" though as it's not a standalone product, separate from the game.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 02:06 AM

this reprint and its parent have different products category, it's weird