VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:17 PM

Well, I only asked her that since it came up in discussion here. I'll see if she can provide a breakdown of which tunes are hers next time we exchange emails.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:44 PM

Hopefully this will happen by the time I rip and tag it (which could be a few weeks....or a couple years....)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Well, I only asked her that since it came up in discussion here. I'll see if she can provide a breakdown of which tunes are hers next time we exchange emails.
That would be awesome!!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:05 PM

Her response:

Hi Don,

Probably it is correct.

Tappi Iwase    Disc1/03,05,09,11,12,13,20 Disc2/01,03,08,19
Hirofumi Taniguchi Disc1/28,29
Mis.Kageshita   Disc1/(20?),22,
Tamawariくん   Disc1/07 Disc2/21

The others are mine.
I love Taniguchiくん's tune. He is unique

Best wishes,
Miki

EDIT: Jormungand has a fantastic ear, as shown above (Disc 1, track 7)

Last edited by Don; Jan 15, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:29 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks a lot Don, I'll revise my previous post later.

Too bad there are some inconsistencies (ie.- 1.03 credited to Higashino here, Taniguchi def. says he did 3 tracks, etc). Oh well.

Guess I'll try my luck and drop Tappy an email.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Thanks a lot Don, I'll revise my previous post later.

Too bad there are some inconsistencies (ie.- 1.03 credited to Higashino here, Taniguchi def. says he did 3 tracks, etc). Oh well.

Guess I'll try my luck and drop Tappy an email.
Well, she did say mostly correctly and she wasn't sure about track 20, which would make sense for Taniguchi based on previous posts (if I remember them correctly)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:15 AM

So, Tamawari only did two tracks? He's some kind of riddle in here. I'm really interested in this man's compositions, while listening to scores like Vandal Hearts and its sequel.

A great breakdown from the very nice Mrs. Higashino, by the way! Sadly, there are not many artists like her, she's such a unique and wonderful person
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:20 PM

We've got near-complete composer credits now, awesome! One comment though: shouldn't 2-20 "Ultimate Enemy" also be attributed to Tappy, because it seems he did 2-03 "Tense Crisis" which is essentially the same piece of music.

Higashino is apparently responsible for "Black Forest", "Peaceful People", "Dancing Girl", "Passacaria" AND "Gathering of Warriors". *BOWS*
Old Nov 17, 2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
So is "Avertuneiro" correct, or is "Avertunerio"? Neither is a misspelling of their source material, but both are different from each other. And I've tried translating this from Italian, Portuguese, and whatever else, but no translator will give me a result for these things, so it's sort of hard to find out, even on Google. Maybe someone who actually knows what this means can say (if there's anyone around here that would even know that).

Tradition says that before journeying to Portugal, King John VI of Portugal had anticipated future events and had said to his son: "Pedro, Brazil will soon be separated from Portugal: if so, put the crown on your head before some adventurer grabs it."

"Pedro, põe a coroa em tua cabeça, antes que algum aventureiro lance mão dela" --King John VI of Portugal

This sentence is probably where ~Avertunerio Antes Lance Mao~ came from.

A possible interpretation of those lyrics:

Antes que um aventureiro lance mão
Before some adventurer (smart ass) grab it

A nossa vida, que é boa, não cai
Our life which is good won't fall

E se um dia esse bem cair
and if someday that good falls

Corre antes do aventureiro
run before the smart guy

para assim lançares tu a mão
to be you the one that take it

Last edited by newsblade; Nov 17, 2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 02:31 PM

Based on all the info presented here...

Miki Higashino:
Disc 1:
1-3, 6, 8, 10, 12-14, 16-17, 19, 21, 23-27, 30
Disc 2:
1-7, 9-11, 14-18, 20, 22-28

This is based on Jormungand's list, which itself was drawn from other album's credits, as well as Higashino's own list. "Penpe" is credited to Higashino given that it returned in Suikoden II.

Tappy Iwase:
Disc 1:
4-5, 9, 11, 15
Disc 2:
8, 12-13, 19

Again based on Higashino's list, as well as previously mentioned "Beautiful Golden Capital" and its reprises, as well as the MIDI file credits.

Hirofumi Taniguchi:
Disc 1:
20, 28-29

The liner notes for the album release, translated on Chudah's Corner accessed through the magic of the Wayback machine.

Mayuko Kageshita:
Disc 1:
18, 22

Liner notes again! Kageshita specifically mentions she wrote 2 pieces for the game, the "Chinese-style town" and "the Dwarf Town". Higashino's list confirmed it.

Hiroshi Tamawari:
Disc 1:
Disc 2:

Based on Jormungand's prior credit and the guess on "Tama". Higashino's list confirmed it.

Have altered the credits to reflect MacTear's post.

Have changed once again. It turns out I made a few more mistakes then I thought. xp Thank you to BoneSatyr for pointing them out.

Last edited by GDPR_delete_03; Nov 7, 2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 01:13 AM

Nice job! As for Disc 2, 12 and 13 I think they're Iwase's tracks, in terms of writing and 13 I was also one of those MIDI files from his website.

One thing, however, disturbs me. If "Confrontation with Monsters" is credited to Higashino, why is "Ultimate Enemy" (and "Tense March") credited to Iwase, even if they share near identical structure and passages?
Also, what makes you think Iwase composed Disc 2, track 1?

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Oct 2, 2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 06:51 AM

I credited Disc 2-01 to Iwase? I'm not quite sure where I got that from. That's an honest mistake on my part.

As for the others, I do think you're right on those. I'll change the credits to reflect it.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry93D View Post
Miki Higashino:
Disc 2:
1-3, 4-7, 9-11, 14-18, 22-28

Tappy Iwase:
Disc 2:
1, 3, 8, 12-13, 19-20

Hiroshi Tamawari:
Disc 2:

Have altered the credits to reflect MacTear's post.
I'm confused about this as well. Was 2.01, 2.03, and 2.10 made by multiple composers? Any idea about 2.21, it's the only missing track?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSatyr View Post
I'm confused about this as well. Was 2.01, 2.03, and 2.10 made by multiple composers? Any idea about 2.21, it's the only missing track?
Oh geez. xp My sincere apologies. I didn't think I'd made so many mistakes. I gone through and fixed it now, everything should be in order. Thank you for alerting me to this.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:20 PM

Ah, cool, that makes a lot more sense. Cheers for working all of this out.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:49 PM

Could someone compile an "educated guess" complete composer breakdown, based on the info we have? And perhaps add a credit to the original composers for tracks reused/rearranged on the Suikoden 2 soundtrack (Tamawari for "Confrontation with Monsters", Taniguchi for "Theme of Narcissism") etc.?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertDankMemeHere View Post
Could someone compile an "educated guess" complete composer breakdown, based on the info we have?
This basically synthesizes everything from this thread, with some edits from me re: Tamawari. I am still not sure on Tamawari's mysterious fifth track; probably he was just a synth manip on it and had no direct arrangement.

We basically have confirmation for most of it.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
This basically synthesizes everything from this thread, with some edits from me re: Tamawari. I am still not sure on Tamawari's mysterious fifth track; probably he was just a synth manip on it and had no direct arrangement.

What a great resource, thank you so much!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Nice list! One inaccuracy though: "Intrusion" (1-20) is actually by Taniguchi; he lists it as one of his 3 tracks in his liner note. (Also mentions there was a second part to it that he didn't get to use).
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonotes View Post
Nice list! One inaccuracy though: "Intrusion" (1-20) is actually by Taniguchi; he lists it as one of his 3 tracks in his liner note. (Also mentions there was a second part to it that he didn't get to use).
Yeah, I did notice that.
Shame about that second part of the song. Taniguchi is an... interesting composer. Very niche, but in a good way.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonotes View Post
OK thank you! Was that info in this thread somewhere? I guess my review wasn't very thorough

About that track, I wonder if it's possible we're not getting the complete picture of composer-arranger involvement. Like... Iwase composed a little tidbit, Taniguchi completed it. And added some of his own (which ultimately was cut).
Old Sep 17, 2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
OK thank you! Was that info in this thread somewhere? I guess my review wasn't very thorough

About that track, I wonder if it's possible we're not getting the complete picture of composer-arranger involvement. Like... Iwase composed a little tidbit, Taniguchi completed it. And added some of his own (which ultimately was cut).
Possible, but it doesn't sound like anyone else had a hand in it from Taniguchi's comment. Here's a translation of it:

"Greetings everyone, I hope this finds you well. My name is Taniguchi.

For this project, I composed "Scarleticia Castle", "Theme of Narcisissm", and "Intrusion-Dungeon BGM". I think these tracks turned out pretty well.

Originally, "Intrusion" actually continued directly on into another section, but that part didn't get used. If there's ever a Suikoden II, or a Suikogaiden of some kind, I'd love to include "Intrusion -Dungeon BGM Phase 2".

(Sad that that never happened!) Sounds like a straightforward solo composition though. I would guess that the info Miki Higashino herself provided was just her going off her memories, so it's not surprising if she got one wrong. Plus she was iffy on who did it to begin with.