VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:56 AM
VGMdb Staff

Default Adding a Worldwide option under region on product releases page

Basically what the title says. Decent number of games nowadays get a simultaneous Steam release (for example) in major world regions. This would certainly save time when creating platform release pages. Wikipedia has it, Mobygames too.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/titanfall-2/release-info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanfall_2 (release date in the infobox)

If it's possible, please add it.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 06:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Unfortunately we still use currencies for the regions on release pages. I guess we could add a currency for "Worldwide", but what would we call the currency? Maybe just "***" or "###".
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:56 PM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, I know the product regions carry the currency code instead of the actual country code. And about that specifically, will it change in the foreseeable future because the current model never was quite accurate? You've recently altered unit so it can have an alias option too, something that only individual artist had before. Can you make sort of a similar thing for product region so the currency code becomes country code when used for product pages? USD -> USA or US if we go with the three or two letters standard (Musicbrainz is using two), JPY -> JPN or JP and such... Which brings me to Worldwide and WW for short (passable, like it's currently on Wikipedia). If it still has to be three letters, is a zero-width space (for "masking" purposes) plus WW an acceptable value?

I do apologize for bringing this up, I imagine it has a really low priority... but I'd like to know if something can be done.