VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 30, 2016, 04:41 PM

I updated the Dragon Slayer IV tracks in English to match the romanization used in the intro/credits of the MSX game (Maia, Dilguios, Rockgaea, etc.) and to include the parenthesized parts.

The FC port spells it "Dilgyos" (NES changed it to "Keela"), it might be fair to consider "Dilguios" an error and use that instead. Both the FC and NES ports renamed Maia to "Mayna" in the credits, but "Maia" is also in the MSX intro (and matches the katakana), so this seems to be a deliberate change. All other names used in the track titles are the same in all ports.

Last edited by Kapow; Sep 30, 2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 09:32 AM

Disc 2's "Falcom Unknown Music" disc has always struck me as an odd, yet hidden great Falcom arrange album and a long time favorite of mine. Arranged by Yuzo Hayashi, clearly there's an uncredited band that was used here.

I'd be willing to bet the players are certainly Jun Kajiwara (guitar) and Osamu Koike (soprano, alto and tenor saxophoes) as both were doing a lot with Hayashi and his other projects at the time. There's also a bass and drum player as well.