VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 23, 2016, 03:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default Search: unknown price value

I wanted to check for wrongly specified prices (currency primarily). Many users seem to have left the currency for albums with unknown release price to JPY because that is the default, despite the albums most definitely not being sold in Japan nor by JPY currency. So I'm wondering if you could you add support for searching albums with empty price value field? I've tried searching with an exclamation mark (!), but it doesn't seem to work for price values.

If there is a way to do this already, please do teach me. I apologize in advance.

As a side note, would it be a dumb idea of me to suggest requiring users to explicitly select a currency by making the default selection empty (not valid)?

Last edited by Nisto; Oct 23, 2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 03:48 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Many users seem to have left the currency for albums with unknown release price to JPY because that is the default, despite the albums most definitely not being sold in Japan nor by JPY currency.
I believe this happened quite a lot, especially for older entries, I've seen it numerous times when editing such albums. I think (more specifically) we need a search for the "unknown" price flag instead because there seems to be an auto-assigned value of zero in the price field itself, even in the "unknown" case so it's not really empty.

I mean we can select "unknown" flag but can't search for it, a bit of a bummer (or I just don't know a way to do it too).
Old Oct 23, 2016, 04:07 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
there seems to be an auto-assigned value of zero in the price field itself, even in the "unknown" case so it's not really empty.
Ah, yeah, total miss. I guess I naturally didn't even think of 0 as it's kind of the equivalent of "free". Totally agree though, we really could use an explicit search for the unknown price state. Was going to touch upon it myself, but I guess I neglected to do so because *shrug*.