VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:44 PM

It only took four years to finally publish it. Not bad!
pleasebeexcited.gif

What do you think?
I'd like for each BGM to evoke images and memories of each of their corresponding biomes--not just how they appear in the game, but from the listener's personal perspective too.

I've been blessed to work on a series like Horse Isle where this emphasis on nature is a recurring theme, and I'll always be energized about writing music for the great, open wilderness. As usual, JRPG influences are present and easily detectable in my work for the series. I once described the style I used as a mash-up of Wild Arms x Chrono Cross x Suikoden--that's still pretty accurate. But there's a wide range of other influences too.

This time around, while the in-game BGM for each biome is actually a set of randomly-looping tracks, I built most of the tracks from the ground-up with their complete, unbroken, "album-ready" versions in mind. That said, some do differ from their in-game versions.

Thank you for listening!🎵
Old Mar 12, 2024, 09:58 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
It only took four years to finally publish it. Not bad!
pleasebeexcited.gif

What do you think?
I'd like for each BGM to evoke images and memories of each of their corresponding biomes--not just how they appear in the game, but from the listener's personal perspective too.

I've been blessed to work on a series like Horse Isle where this emphasis on nature is a recurring theme, and I'll always be energized about writing music for the great, open wilderness. As usual, JRPG influences are present and easily detectable in my work for the series. I once described the style I used as a mash-up of Wild Arms x Chrono Cross x Suikoden--that's still pretty accurate. But there's a wide range of other influences too.

This time around, while the in-game BGM for each biome is actually a set of randomly-looping tracks, I built most of the tracks from the ground-up with their complete, unbroken, "album-ready" versions in mind. That said, some do differ from their in-game versions.

Thank you for listening!🎵
I gave a couple tracks from this series a listen yesterday and I loved what I heard. Congrats on the release!

Is the cover art for the first game's soundtrack on Bandcamp missing? Or has there never been any cover art for it?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
I gave a couple tracks from this series a listen yesterday and I loved what I heard. Congrats on the release!

Is the cover art for the first game's soundtrack on Bandcamp missing? Or has there never been any cover art for it?
Thank you Chris, I'm glad you enjoyed the music!

To answer your question, nope, there was never any cover art for HI1!
The developer and I never had any formal agreements about how the cover art for the soundtracks would go, but one of the game's main artists did the original HI2 volume 1 cover art.