VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > News and Announcements > Submission Guideline Restructuring
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:14 PM

The album title and the represented product don't have to match exactly in name because there really isn't a "correct" name to call something, it's just what different countries call it. Like seanne said, this site was created by and is largely used and maintained by English speakers, so the product represented giving the English name of a game (if there is one) is fine. Maybe I'm biased because I'm an English speaker and played NA releases of games, but... whatever

I think that because the product represented is in English, we can "afford" to have album titles that are romanized. I don't agree with what I believe is still a currently accepted guideline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
If the game has an official english name, you may use it instead of the romanized Japanese name (Art of Fighting instead of Ryouko no Ken).
To me this doesn't make sense because this really isn't the title of the album in any country or in any form. In some country, yes, the game Ryouko no Ken is called Art of Fighting. But this album has one name and that is Ryouko no Ken. So, I think we should call it that. If there's English on it, like the Sword of Mana Premium Soundtrack, then we can put that in the English field, sure. But just totally replacing the only title of an album with one that matches up with our localized name for the game doesn't make much sense to me. And I feel that, because a search of the game's name will yield results including that album based on our product fields, we don't have to do that.