VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:09 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I changed the price. So far we always used the DLC price and not the full package price.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:23 AM

Ah good. Yes it makes sense to put only the DLC price, and that's how I'd be doing it if I knew.
Guess I was under wrong impression for the longest time that we suppose to calculate total price for Steam soundtracks.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 02:24 PM
VGMdb Staff

^ I am too under that impression because it requires you to have the game, hence the enclosure which causes the package price and "package" is the game plus OST DLC, you have to pay all of it, package isn't just the DLC.

So if you put only the DLC price, that isn't the real price of the package.

Last edited by Efendija; Mar 14, 2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 01:04 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I never said the past consensus was logical....
Old Mar 15, 2015, 03:16 PM

Eh I just realized maybe "Remaster" shouldn't be in classification for this album. It's game remastered, not the soundtrack. But who knows, maybe the OST was remastered too. errr yeah I dunno.

And yes, right now the price is kinda misleading. I think it would be perfect if it said "Commercial, Enclosure", then the price $7.99, but make the "(Package Price)" disappear. We don't need that line "(Package Price)" cause that's what makes it misleading. But the system won't allow it.
Maybe a better solution would be to create a new line for Publish Format: DLC.
DLC normally implies that you required to have a base product, and it would fit perfectly to this kind of Steam soundtracks; also DLC would be appropriate for PS4 pre-order soundtracks like The Order: 1886 or Killzone.
Cause those are basically downloadable applications, playable only on PS4.

Last edited by MiLO; Mar 15, 2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 02:58 PM

So the question is still kind in the air - how do we go about the price for Steam DLC soundtracks?

I say let's have a brand new classification for Release Type = DLC.

DLC will not have a Package Price displayed next to the price. Cause that's the difference between Enclosure and DLC. Enclosure is not sold separately, while DLC -can- be sold separately and is optional to purchase, and it has its own price.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 03:08 PM
VGMdb Staff

I can totally see it better as a new format 'Downloadable Content' & really just the price of the DLC. That would be cool to mark it differently because it's not the normal let's say CD which is truly enclosed with the game, you're getting the CD anyway. This DLC thing is still a matter of choice, paying or free, it's something a bit more... well, different.

That and the addition of Czech Koruna as another currency which is kinda late a year or so (because of the Czech ver. enclosure CDs in the db).

The point is though, we can direct the suggestions to someone who can consider and perhaps make the changes (SS or Blah).