VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 18, 2009, 03:17 AM

I created a new tracklist and added the 15 tracks remaining.

Last edited by Metroid; Sep 18, 2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old May 26, 2011, 07:36 AM

So I'm trying really hard, but I can't find any of these "xxxx-Winter96" catalog numbers actually present anywhere on the albums. Is it in some packaging space that we don't have pictures of for any of the albums? I've even checked the back of the innermost ring of a couple of the discs, and I don't see any sort of catalog number anywhere. Now it's kind of eating at me as to where these numbers come from.

EDIT: I found this out, they all come from the item numbers in the Super Power Supplies Catalog issue that sold them, and then the season and year the issue was released.

Last edited by Medina; May 27, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:08 PM

Why is track 1 listed as being composed by Beanland and arranged by Norgate? Maybe there's information I don't know, but I assumed that since Orchid's theme was released on Graeme Norgate's Bandcamp page that he composed it.

Then again, it's listed as "Orchid - Rave Version" with no other versions present, so it could very well be Norgate's remix of a Beanland song. Just curious where the info's stated that Beanland composed it.

Also, I was just wondering if we can assume Beanland composed/arranged all the remaining songs (ones not released by Norgate), or if there's matter-of-fact information on that somewhere as well.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:45 AM

http://graemenorgate.bandcamp.com/tr...d-rave-version

I remixed Robin's Orchid track for inclusion on the Killer Cuts CD but for reasons of time restrictions on the CD, didn't make it to the outside world. This version of the mix is pre AIR Studios.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:34 AM

It almost sounds by his wording that his remix didn't make it to the CD in any fashion and that "K. I. Feeling" is a version submitted by Beanland and then mixed/produced by AIR. I'm not hearing an incredible amount of similarity between Norgate's "Orchid - Rave Version" and Killer Cuts' "K. I. Feeling"; the latter to me sounds more like the in-game track by Beanland. Norgate's remix is a lot more high-energy (as the "Rave" designation suggests).

Again, I could be wrong, but it just seems like a false assumption that Norgate arranged track 1 on this CD. Then again, Graeme says it's "pre AIR Studios," seemingly suggesting that there was an AIR mix of this—which could mean it was made but not included for space issues (like Norgate states), or this mix is in fact "K. I. Feeling". I'm more inclined toward the former unless there's definitive word on the matter.

Guess I could shoot Graeme an email, heh.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriztofferSwank View Post
Also, I was just wondering if we can assume Beanland composed/arranged all the remaining songs (ones not released by Norgate), or if there's matter-of-fact information on that somewhere as well.
Digging through some old e-mails:
Quote:
on your website you have 4 tracks from Killer Instinct; does that mean Robin Beanland composed all the rest?
Quote:
Re: Killer Instinct.. Robin did the rest of the tracks yep.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:00 AM

Norgate reissued the Killer Instinct - Remastered, Remixed, Rare download because I noticed a slew of glitches all over each track and asked him about it. So he went back and redid the soundtrack and also included a bonus track titled "Orchid - Rave - Air Studios mix".

The info for it contains the text about being pre-AIR mixing ("This rare version of the remix made before the wonderful Nintendo paid for me and Robin to go and get the CD mixed at Air Studios."), but I'm assuming he just copy-pasted this info from the previous four tracks and this is actually the AIR mix which was made for Killer Cuts but there was no space to include it as a bonus remix so it was left off. ("I remixed Robin's Orchid track for inclusion on the Killer Cuts CD but for reasons of time restrictions on the CD, didn't make it to the outside world. This version of the mix is pre AIR Studios." - note from "Orchid - Rave Version")

Which, if that's the case, would certainly imply that "K. I. Feeling" is based on Robin Beanland's mix of Orchid's theme and not Norgate's.

Last edited by KriztofferSwank; Feb 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 08:33 PM

I found a number which could be considered (in bizarro world) a serial number on my CD included with my American Killer Instinct for the SNES. It was 1948-1-1.

Last edited by emuxer; Nov 11, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 07:15 AM

my PAL edition catalog number is: 1977-1-1
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:10 PM

"The CD was packaged with US and European copies of Killer Instinct, and later sold through Super Power Supplies Catalog."

About this snippet of info, I'm assuming the version that came with the game was in a slipcase, and the version in a jewel case was from the supplies catalog. I think this album is like DKC3 in that it comes in both flavors.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
"The CD was packaged with US and European copies of Killer Instinct, and later sold through Super Power Supplies Catalog."

About this snippet of info, I'm assuming the version that came with the game was in a slipcase, and the version in a jewel case was from the supplies catalog. I think this album is like DKC3 in that it comes in both flavors.
My copy of the album bundled with a European version of the game came in a slipcase.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440